• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    The forums has had a lot of questions of what light should I buy. I thought we could all post pictures of our lights and a little description of them to give people a starting point for a search. Feel free to add your own

100_1834.jpg

100_1836.jpg

Please ignore the dates on the pictures, I forgot to set it

Left to right we have: CR123A, AA, Nitecore Extreme, Nitecore NDI, Olight M20 Warrior, Lumapower MKV

Nitecore Extreme this is my general EDC
    Light modes
    High (220 lumens)
    Low (set by user Min 2 lumens)
    Strobe
    Power source
    1 CR123A
    Battery life
    High (220 lumens) ~ 1 hour
    low (2 lumens) 100 hours+

Nitecore NDI I edc this when wearing dress slacks
    Light modes
    High (145 lumens)
    Low ( set by user min 3 lumens)
    Strobe
    Power source
    1 AA lithium battery
    Battery life
    High (145 lumens) ~ 50 mintutes
    Low (3 lumens) ~45 hours

Olight M20 Warrior I sometime carry this instead of my Nitecore extreme otherwise it is attached to my B.O.E
    Light Modes
    High (250 lumens)
    Med (90 lumens)
    Low (7 lumens)
    Strobe
    Power source
    2x CR123A
    Battery life
    Low (7 lumens) ~150 hours
    Med (90 lumens) ~12 hours
    High (250 lumens) ~4 hours

Will add the luma power a little later today.

Last edited:

krn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Downtown
    nice lights you got there. for those of you who do intend to post pictures, could you have some action shots pointed at a wall?

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Streamlight MicroStream - Great little pocket flashlight, very bright for the size
    Light modes:
    on/off/momentary on
    Power source
    1 AAA battery
    Battery life
    On (20 Lumens) ~ 2 hours

img_5018.jpg

img_5019.jpg

img_5020.jpg

img_5021.jpg

img_5022.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    well here are a couple of mine. i have a few more fenix's that i love also they are a exceptional flashlight for the money. you can usually buy 2 fenix's or more for every surefire. now that said lol i have alot of surefire's too. and with out further delay here they are

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0854.jpg

the first 2 on the left are surefire millenium, with 125 lumens, for 1 hour run time i believe. they are designed for weapons and a very solid lights but run time and lumen output vs new model lights like nitecore and fenix, ect, but i love the warranty and they been through more combat than most any other light with no breaks at all.

3rd one from the left is also a surefire weapon light but i have no idea what model it is. but its very bright and has help up on my saiga 12 for a couple hundred rounds and not to mention its time in iraq also. great light but again still not a led and run time isn't the greatest but its a beast and doesn't weigh much

4th from the left is a surefire 6p which i am gonna convert to led but its a great light for the price and its a surefire so you get that amazing warranty and durability. i have had it a couple years with out a hitch. gotta love em

5th from the left is a extremely old school e1 executive that i have had since 2003 15 lumens 90 minute constant run time which as we have established could be much better but i have had it years and edc it in iraq and afghanistan it was perfect size to always be on me with or with out my combat kit.

the one in the front is a surefire x200 led and its a awesome light. great output i think its 150 lumens and very good run time, its been on my glock 19 for 500 rounds with out a hiccup and is a very good light. hopefully one day i will be upgrading to the x400 which looks to be the ultimate pistol light imo.

then is the ASP Triad LED Flashlights i think 125 lumens its crazy bright and great run time. it also has nice controls and a solid grip. also you can adjust the size and output of it by changing out the bodies of it which i have lost either way great light

last but not least is a fenix pd20 edc and is by far my favorite light. its got 4 different lumens set up 7 45 90 and the turbo is 190 lumens, also has a blinding strobe and a sos mode. run times very but on the 190 lumens its like 60 minutes or a bit more. its the perfect size to have in your pocket at all times and with the multiple settings its perfect for any situation.

i also have a couple other fenix's in my bags that are amazing and i love them but i think i have rambled enough and put in more than most will read anyway lol.

i like most my surefire's but would like them more if i could convert them to led. i know some models you can but i don't think any of mine can be converted.

Last edited:

krn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Downtown
    104_0014.jpg
    104_0022.jpg
    104_0016.jpg
    104_0013.jpg

just went and picked up a streamlight tlr-1. let me say, what a fantastic mounting light! the light does stick out a bit further than the barrel opening so a good rag might come in handy if you plan on using it at the range. it fits as tight as you want it and comes off very easily. you get the option of using the momentary switch or the constant on switch. durability wise, it seems like it will hold up to some accidental drops or what not. it is a great light for the price.

the second picture was in complete darkness!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom