• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is a reminder for all those who wish to be patriotic in the face of strangers.

Every Friday people will be lining the overpasses of the interstates and major Hiways to show their patriotism by bringing their patriotic flags and waving them over the interstates. Anytime after 5:30pm.

I will be situated over I70 between the Plainfield exit and the Rest Stop closest to the Rest Stop.

I encourage everyone to join me on their closest overpass. If the area isn't a safe place to do this, please find a safe area to do so. We don't want anyone getting hurt or in trouble.

Even if you can't make it at 5:30, anytime before dark would be great.

This is a chance to motivate people back into the Patriotic Spirit people seem to be losing. Let's all get out there and help rally the people!!!

:patriot:

america-small.gif

gadsden20animated.gif

T-TKPR-CU.jpg

Last edited:

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    i think it's a fabulous idea man!! I might be inclined to join some north side folk doing this. My youngest has soccer practices then, but i could possibly make arrangements to do this at least one of these Fridays per month.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Sorry, I never considered that you might actually want people to post that they'd be participating.

I should be on the SE side overlooking I-74, with either the State flag or a Gadsden

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Sounds like a great idea to me. I live less then 1/4 mile from an overpass over I65 after exit 16 in Henryville. I think I'll make me up a sign that says "Honk if your American". If anybody from the Southern end of Indiana cares to join send me a PM !

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    We should try to meet at one overpass each Friday, "Bring the rain" fellas. Fill the over pass in both directions. A close one to me in the one on west 56th over 465. Big sidewalks, big median so some people can by showing people signs on 56th, and near the eagle creek pistol range ;) ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We should try to meet at one overpass each Friday, "Bring the rain" fellas. Fill the over pass in both directions. A close one to me in the one on west 56th over 465. Big sidewalks, big median so some people can by showing people signs on 56th, and near the eagle creek pistol range ;) ;)

THe thinking behind this was that we could get the entire state's overpasses covered so that people driving down the interstates couldn't ignore the fact that people were up there with flags waving them....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tomorrow, if you do go out, please post that you did so. It would be nice to know where, but obviously, not required. I'd just like to know how much of the state got covered.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, I just got back from my Flag Waving Excursion. My arms and hands feel like jello, but I feel good about myself! There are sure a lot more patriots today than there were two weeks ago, I'll say that much! More honks, more waves, more Jake Brakes, than ever before!!!!

Unfortunately, not everyone in this Country is a Patriot. For those out there who called the police in fear I was throwing things off the bridge, I'll have you know that 1) I didn't have time to throw ANYTHING off the bridge. Didn't you see the big Yellow Flag with the Snake on it I was waving around???? :D 2) I put my cigarette butt in my back pocket because I don't litter. 3) Why would anyone waving a flag for all to see throw things off a bridge? :laugh:

Some people just really have no clue.

To all you Patriots out there: You are all great people! You should all be proud of yourselves because I am! Know that I prayed for you all up on that bridge for God to keep you safe so you could make it home to see your family. Every honk gave me the strength and the heart to raise my flag high and wave it like my life depended on it. Because waking up those who are "asleep at the wheel" is my goal and our Country depends on it!

To the LEO who made the run... Thank you for your understanding. I hope you check out this site and find it useful. We could use more good people like you in this world and I hope your day was a quiet one... Minus trying to hear the dispatcher on an interstate overpass... :) I also want to thank you for being gentle with my firearm. Being a gun owner yourself I'm sure you understand. We have a lot of knowledgeable people who have Black Rifle Disease just like you and I and I'm sure other on here who do no could benefit from your knowledge as well.

To everyone who went out today as Patriots and stood up on those overpasses and shamelessly waved your flag of choice: I salute you! You have the courage to do what so many others do not, will not do. You proclaimed to the world your Patriotism and helped to inspire those to do the same! I know I was not the only one out there, but even if I was, I'm still not ashamed and I hope you were not either!

The officer that I spoke to said that we are good to go standing on these over-passes waving our flags as long as we do nothing illegal. There will be those who will call in on us and we may have run in's with LE in doing this, but it WILL BE OKAY! We are within our rights and have earned their respect for doing this. They may not say so, but you will know it when you talk with them!

For those who did not go out, it's not too late!!! There is still daylight left and time to get out there!

I'm only asking for a couple hours of your time every month. That's not much to ask in exchange for a little patriotism! Do not be afraid to get up there and show the People they are not alone and that we are out there supporting them to support us! Rich or Poor, White or Black, Straight or Gay... We are all in this together and we all need to respect each other's differences and unite under the banner of Freedom!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd like to bump this to the top. It's Flag Friday today and if you go out you will be joining Hundreds across the Country proudly, but solemnly waving their flags on overpasses everywhere.

Please, join us.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Good show, SE. I drove by westbound at 5:30 on the dot. Gave you a honk and thumbs up as I drove by.

btw- didn't your Mom teach you to NOT play in traffic?!? :D

:patriot:

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Anybody see me down here in Southern Indiana ?? Sure did get a lot of honks, thumbs up's, and salutes !! GOD BLESS AMERICA, and may we never forget this fateful day.:patriot:

FlagFriday.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom