• ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have plan to deal with flag burners
    Pass a law that is ok to burn the flag........BUT part of the deal is that BY LAW the VFW's and Amvets's, and American Legion posts HAVE TO BE NOTIFIED of the day, time, and location of the flag burning,and that no burning shall start til there are representatives of at least 2 origanizations!!
    Just try to burn a flag with those guys around!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I doubt any good could come of this... Communist have made it a crime to be patriotic.

Those Patriots, if they did anything other than stand there and cheer the flag burning on, would probably be sent to jail.

And I dont want to see good folks in jail for traitous scumbags.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I've never burned a flag, of any country, and I don't really see the point, because it is a flag. But I believe American people should be free to do whatever they want if they aren't harming other people, which is why I also think it should be legal to burn marijuana.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Pass a law that is ok to burn the flag........BUT part of the deal is that BY LAW the VFW's and Amvets's, and American Legion posts HAVE TO BE NOTIFIED of the day, time, and location of the flag burning,and that no burning shall start til there are representatives of at least 2 origanizations!!

I think it would be OK. That is if they would wrap themselves in it before lighting! :patriot:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I've never burned a flag, of any country, and I don't really see the point, because it is a flag. But I believe American people should be free to do whatever they want if they aren't harming other people, which is why I also think it should be legal to burn marijuana.

Are you saying that a flag is the same as any piece of cloth?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

all this law would do is hinder law-abiding citizens to burn flags. :laugh::laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I say we burn a bunch of mexican flags in downtown fort antonio wayne.

I'm so sick of the mexicans here. fort wayne is turning into arizona. nothing but freaking dirty smelly mexicans.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Are you saying that a flag is the same as any piece of cloth?

To some people, yes. But to the people burning it and to the people who are angered by watching people burn it, no.

I think if Americans want to be distasteful and set an American flag on fire, they should be free to do it. I don't understand the reasoning of it. If you hate the US so much that you want to ignite our nation's flag on fire, then why hang around? Is it because, to most people, our flag signifies the freedom we have in the country? Ironically, one of those freedoms is or ought to be, burning our own flag. Like I said, I don't really get it, but oh well. I also don't get why cars are able to go 140 when most speed limits cap at 65. Lastly, I think this quote sums up best how I feel about flag burning.

1791 Dec. 23. "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." (to Archibald Stuart, B.22.436) - Thomas Jefferson

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    don't think burning a flag is gonna hurt anyone?....i have a 80yr old father who says diffrent...he's hurt and killed alot of ppl for that flag....believe me...burn a flag in our neck of the woods....someone is getting hurt..

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    To me its the same as watching someone hurt one of my kids, to hell with the consequence of my actions but an ass whipping is coming your way.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    don't think burning a flag is gonna hurt anyone?....i have a 80yr old father who says diffrent...he's hurt and killed alot of ppl for that flag....believe me...burn a flag in our neck of the woods....someone is getting hurt..

i never thought i would say this.....but i agree with lashicon :laugh::laugh::laugh:

your father didn't fight for the flag, he fought for what the flag stands for. he fought for freedom. and that includes the right to be an absolute d-bag. i find flag burning completely abhorrent, but to each their own.

personally, if some asshat burns the flag and then some veterans (or any one else for that matter) whooped his butt, I'd lmao.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

And his service would all be for nothing if we didn't have any free speech and free expression after all of that.

Last I checked, when I joined the military, my oath was not to the government, but to the constitution, which protects nearly any form of political expression, including flag burning.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

No Buffalo, because I live in the REAL WORLD. Your dad didn't kill a lot of people for a flag. He killed a lot of people for the United States of America. That flag is a symbol.

Symbol: 2 : something that stands for or suggests something else by reason of relationship, association, convention, or accidental resemblance; especially : a visible sign of something invisible <the lion is a symbol of courage>

Burning the American flag doesn't cause any REAL WORLD harm to anyone, unless the fire spreads and catches them on fire. I'm not talking about emotional hurt, I'm talking about actually hurting someone. Calling people stupid may also cause emotional hurt, but our government isn't allowed to abridge our freedom of speech, because we aren't supposed to be a nation of babies.

As I've said before, I have no desire to burn the American flag, but if I freely choose to do so, and you attempt to hurt me, I'm going to defend myself thanks to another one of our freedoms, the right to keep and bear arms.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    wow do you guys not hold anything sacred?

I mostly just hold ideas as being sacred. That same flag is flying above the white house right now. I'm pretty indifferent about the Federal flag at this point in time. When someone restores the liberty in our government that the flag is supposed to represent, then I'll get mad when I see jerk-offs burning it, but it will still be legal under the First Amendment.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom