• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    My point is he perjured himself and the jury knew it and the jury didn't care. That is not good.

His alleged perjury is a natural product of a unjust system. When people face obscene punishments for victimless, non-violent offenses, it is predictably obvious that many will lie to escape years in prison.

The jury is allowed to assess the entirety of the situation, and vote yes or no. The defendant's story must have seemed far less problematic than the tyrannical law.

to answer your question, not for personal use. 46 plants, yes.

From what people have said on the matter, a person can definitely consume the fruit of dozens of cannabis plants in a year -- "personal use."

And I resent your fingers in my wallet.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Agreed. It turns medicine into a complete joke, quack doctors committing fraud, patients lying, etc.

You're way off, doc. My friend in California went to a doc who specialized in medical marijuana, and explained his debilitating anxiety over running out of weed. Got himself a script, and he's good now.

And yeah, for the folks who don't know, on medical marijuana States there are doctors who just sit there writing often-questionable marijuana prescriptions all day, every day.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I was talking about your defense that apparently lying is OK if you don't like being prosecuted.

No, its not "my defense." I said it was a natural outcome. In a country where the number of criminal laws literally cannot be counted, its going to happen, frequently. Every guilty person who has ever submitted a "not guilty" plea is doing it.

...and that story is about mercy in the face of wrongdoing, not declaring the wrongdoing right.

That's exactly how I feel about people who spend their free time getting drunk and high. Its not exactly "righteous" behavior on their part, but punishing them goes against my religious, ethical, and political values.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was talking about your defense that apparently lying is OK if you don't like being prosecuted.

That's what guilty defendants who take the stand do. Of course its not right, but its the way it is. I watched a guy testify he had a cell phone in his hand while his buddy did all the shooting. The physical evidence clearly supported two guns were fired. Jury didn't bite on his BS and convicted him, but that's just the way it works.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Tangential subject but how is it that it took an amendment to COTUS to make alcohol illegal but allowing the possession of a common plant freaks people out. Oh for the good old days when it took an act of a Congress and the majority of states to agree in order to take away our freedoms. Now it's just a washed up community organizer with a Bic.

There, I feel better now. Carry on.

Top Bottom