• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I have owned the pps m2 for over a year and it is my every day carry. When I began to practice with this firearm I noticed that the mag would disconnect inadvertently while shooting. I discovered that the mag release button has a very soft spring compared to all of my other fire arms. The slightest pressure on the mag button causes it to release which can happen when the gun recoils. Not ideal for ever day carry. I called Walther customer service and was told they were aware of the problem. They also indicated they had no fix for the problem and a stiffer spring was not available. Very disappointing considering all the praise that exists about German engineering. I liked everything else about this firearm so I persisted. I put a set of Talon grips on the firearm and with some of the extra grip material I cut out two small half moon shape pieces. I placed the half moon pieces one on top of the other, directly above the mag release button. (You must apply crazy glue to each of the extra pieces as the material will not permanently adhere to itself). With the extra grip material in place this prevents the thumb from sliding down and engaging the release unintentionally. I have fired the gun extensively with the grip material in place and it has totally eliminated the problem. My confidence in the gun to function properly in an emergency has been restored. Hope this helps.

ZShyster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    DuPage County
    DMars,

I have experienced the same problem. Could you post a photo of the completed fix? What texture Talon material did you use?

Thanks
    ZShyster

capers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2018
    lake county
    Hello all,
    I also have encountered this problem, which is absolutely unacceptable. Initially I considered switching to a paddle release M1 PPQ, then I tried switching the release button over to the opposite side. I am right handed so that meant putting the button on the right side. This 100% eliminated the chance of my support hand accidentally touching the release button. This solution is not to everyones liking, I understand that, but it is an effective option. In the new position, I use my trigger finger to press the release. I did find the lip on the edge of the button a bit uncomfortable on my index finger, so a few minutes with a dremel to taper the edge made a nice smooth transition onto the button. In terms of having to adjust the grip to release, for me it is only a minor adjustment, about the same amount I had to do when I used my thumb to push the release.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    More than likely a gunsmith with a spring assortment will have a spring that will work.
    I went through a similar issue with my P3AT releasing the mag in my pocket sleeve holster if I didn't have the safety button pointed towards my body. A stiffer spring fixed the issue. Maybe not any stiffer but a hair longer made it stiffer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I didn't know this happened with the PPS, but it's the sole reason why the PPQ M2 is not my carry gun. I shot them very well and never had a malfunction . . . except for the mag falling out of the gun almost every time I used a two handed grip. I also went through this with Walther and they did have a slightly stiffer mag release spring available. It did not solve the problem.

In my estimation, it's the only real flaw in the PPQ M2, but it's a fatal flaw. The mag release was designed to make it easy to reach and press without shifting your grip, but they made it too easy to reach and press. I have to shift my grip anyway, so it's doubly irritating for me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've owned 2 PPQs, a 9mm M2 and a .45 ACP. Never had a problem with the mag release. Excellent target pistols, probably the best trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired gun. I do feel that the trigger is way too easy for a defensive pistol. Got unintended "double taps" with both the 9mm and .45 on more than one occasion. No bueno.

If I have to use crazy glue to solve a problem with a carry gun, that's a flashing neon sign to find a better platform, IMO.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    9kteejay
    Top Bottom