• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Good point, Jim. Didn't ask for ID, so I could have said "80-ish." Trying to keep the language trim in service of the story. He did have a firm hand and a square jaw, though. THAT, I could verify. ;)

Yeah, Joe, he'd have to be approaching 90, I would think.

I've got an uncle who will be 92 in April. He served with the 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment in Australia, New Guinea, and the Phillipines. He made two jumps in New Guinea as well as on Corregidor. They were a tough breed! :patriot:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yeah, Joe, he'd have to be approaching 90, I would think.

I've got an uncle who will be 92 in April. He served with the 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment in Australia, New Guinea, and the Phillipines. He made two jumps in New Guinea as well as on Corregidor. They were a tough breed! :patriot:

What irony. My uncle passed away this morning, three months to the day before what would have been his 92nd birthday. Paul L. Hinds, veteran of Services Company, 2nd battalion, 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment (WWII), and and outfit called "CCRAK" (Combined Command Reconnaissance Activity, Korea) during the Korean "action". Retired as a Chief Warrant Officer in 1968. The last of my personal heroes. God bless him. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    What irony. My uncle passed away this morning, three months to the day before what would have been his 92nd birthday. Paul L. Hinds, veteran of Services Company, 2nd battalion, 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment (WWII), and and outfit called "CCRAK" (Combined Command Reconnaissance Activity, Korea) during the Korean "action". Retired as a Chief Warrant Officer in 1968. The last of my personal heroes. God bless him. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Sorry to hear about this, Kagnew. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Top Bottom