• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So I was in walmart stalking the gun case (got lucky on my way to work and scored some ammo) Anyways that is besides the point the older man who cashed me out told me homeland security was in there 10minutes before me asking if any people have been making "significant" ammo purchases???

Anyone else hear of this?

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    thats what he told them he said... they have no ammo for anyone to come in and do that. I just found this odd and disturbing all at once.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    So I was in walmart stalking the gun case (got lucky on my way to work and scored some ammo) Anyways that is besides the point the older man who cashed me out told me homeland security was in there 10minutes before me asking if any people have been making "significant" ammo purchases???
    Anyone else hear of this?

I wouldn't doubt it at all. That's why I use cash over plastic or paper check at EVERY store I might buy at. Make 'em work to ID you by watching store video. Whenever I'm asked for my phone number at the checkout I give 'em a local government number. My purchases are for legal and safe personal use and the money I spend after my taxes are paid was earned legally. :twocents:

Last edited:

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    The Walmart I go to does not ID me for my ammo purchases... Enough gray to confirm, I'm over 21. :rolleyes:

Since I pay cash, don't ID, how would they answer that question?

I call BS

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    That is pretty laughable, I want to know where in this state there is enough ammo to make a "significant purchase". For that matter, where can a guy make a purchase of any ammo, unless its .32 S&W, or .41 Colt. Ammo of just about any even remotely common caliber has been all but nonexistent for a few months now.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Apparently we have little to fear from these homeland security clowns if they are that out of touch and clueless, probably just looking for an excuse to get out of the office.

brute69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Common sense would indicate if no one has ammo EVERYONE is making significant purchases, (as significant as possible with limits).

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I wouldn't doubt it at all. That's why I use cash over plastic or paper check at EVERY store I might buy at. Make 'em work to ID you by watching store video. Whenever I'm asked for my phone number at the checkout I give 'em a local government number. My purchases are for legal and safe personal use and the money I spend after my taxes are paid was earned legally. :twocents:

I just tell them that it is unlisted. No more questions. :dunno:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Could be some TSA agent bought some stuff, asked the question, got a funny look and identified himself as DHS

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it OP.

Maybe not over this, but anytime you have a Gov't agency that has the power that TSA does, it is pause for concern.

And then we have stuff like this:
    TSA Allowed at Least 11 Airport Employees With Criminal Backgrounds To Receive Security Badges

TSA Allowed at Least 11 Airport Employees With Criminal Backgrounds To Receive Security Badges | CNS News

And:
    TSA screeners allow fed agent with fake bomb to pass through security at Newark Airport

EXCLUSIVE: TSA screeners allow fed agent with fake bomb to pass through security at Newark Airport - NYPOST.com

Really instills confidence don't it? I think there are numerous reasons to be concerned about the TSA.

Top Bottom