First time I had to draw my handgun (in this state)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just because you asked.

To the OP, a few questions.

1) Are your no trespassing signs bilingual?
    2) Are the signs lit so you can see them at night?
    3) Was the guy in your driveway able to read in any language?
    4) Is the only reason you have no been charged yet is no one is claiming to be a victim?
    5) Hindsight is 20/20. Would you do anything different?

I'm going to take a shot in the dark on these (haha, see what I did there??)

1) Probably not
    2) Doubtful
    3) Maybe
    4) All signs point to yes
    5) Better not tell you now

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    sSic_vomitbuddy.gif

two girls and a cup!!!!!****** what?,, like I'm the only one who was thinking that!!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Just because you asked.

To the OP, a few questions.

1) Are your no trespassing signs bilingual?
    2) Are the signs lit so you can see them at night?
    3) Was the guy in your driveway able to read in any language?
    4) Is the only reason you have no been charged yet is no one is claiming to be a victim?
    5) Hindsight is 20/20. Would you do anything different?

(1) No..this is merica...a legal citizen has to be able to read and write in english.
    (2) motion sensor lights were on so signs were lit up.
    (3) I cant read other peoples' minds....so you would have to ask him.
    (4) I still cant read minds so I would have to guess that local LE doesnt have a problem with the event.
    (5) GF understands now that she is NOT to go outside in a similar 230am situation so the same event probably will never happen again like it did but next time if it did happen I hope to have a tommy gun with a round drum magazine cus it holds more booolits and I will not let perp leave until he cleans his :poop: out of my driveway.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    (5) GF understands now that she is NOT to go outside in a similar 230am situation so the same event probably will never happen again like it did but next time if it did happen I hope to have a tommy gun with a round drum magazine cus it holds more booolits and I will not let perp leave until he cleans his :poop: out of my driveway.
    please, for all involved, don't come to ingo if you insist on incriminating yourself!

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    (1) No..this is merica...a legal citizen has to be able to read and write in english.

Since when?

How does a corpse clean up a driveway?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Maybe, maybe not. That would be for a jury to decide. Just some fodder for thought....Odd that no one came and charged the OP after calling it in don't you think?
    Avoid juries if at all possible. I know I sure as hell don't want my freedom in the jury's hands. It's a total crap shoot. "Feeling" threatened is meaningless, you must be able to articulate specific reasons WHY a reasonable person would feel the same way. You cannot do that and your looking at C felony to A felony aggravated battery or attempt murder. Juries watch a lot of TV and thus sometimes have an unrealistic expectation on how to defend yourself.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Ok, GF messed up by getting to the door first at 2:30 am. Household discussion resolved issue.

OP messed up by pointing a loaded firearm at someone without establishing that a reasonable threat existed or verbally ordering the persona non grata off his porch first (because he was a known person that appeared to have reason to expect that one occupant of the residence would welcome him). I don't think OP has conceded this point but he has definitely been made aware that his position could be on shaky ground.

However, I am with OP on the "No Trespassing" sign. He doesn't need to buy 92 signs with "No Trespassing" written in 92 different languages to cover anyone that might wander onto the property. If it is written in English then it is posted.

The important question is: Was Hello Kitty Pajama Chick involved in this story at any point?

Top Bottom