• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    So my boss knows I am into guns. He's not against guns, just has never been around them and doesn't know anything about them. He came to my office yesterday and told me that his granddaughter who is 22 years old and lives with my him and his wife went out and bought a new AK47 on Saturday. Her first gun.
    I asked him why she bought it. She told him that she has always wanted one and was afraid she would not get a chance later, so she decided to go ahead and get it now. I told him to give her my number if she wants to come to our range and shoot sometime. She says the next thing she wants is a 1911. I wish more young people were like her. :draw:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    So my boss knows I am into guns. He's not against guns, just has never been around them and doesn't know anything about them. He came to my office yesterday and told me that his granddaughter who is 22 years old and lives with my him and his wife went out and bought a new AK47 on Saturday. Her first gun.
    I asked him why she bought it. She told him that she has always wanted one and was afraid she would not get a chance later, so she decided to go ahead and get it now. I told him to give her my number if she wants to come to our range and shoot sometime. She says the next thing she wants is a 1911. I wish more young people were like her. :draw:

I would tread lightly there....unless she is really hot and you have a backup job. :D

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I would tread lightly there....unless she is really hot and you have a backup job. :D

No chance of any problem there, 30 years difference in ages. Much too young for me.

That reminds me. I was talking with a fellow who works for me the other day and he said his dream car is an "OLD Mustang". I asked him what year he wanted, fondly remembering my old 1967 Mustang I bought in high school. He said "A really OLD one, like a 91' or 92'. Young punks!

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    No chance of any problem there, 30 years difference in ages. Much too young for me.

That reminds me. I was talking with a fellow who works for me the other day and he said his dream car is an "OLD Mustang". I asked him what year he wanted, fondly remembering my old 1967 Mustang I bought in high school. He said "A really OLD one, like a 91' or 92'. Young punks!

I teach high school and it happens to me all the time. I really do have underwear older than my students. Oh well, I'm still having fun.

On a different note, it kind of scares me that a 22 year old thinks an AK is a good first gun, not to mention a 1911 as a second. Not saying I do not understand her logic, just saying that's a heck of a first weapon.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    a colt 1911 was my first gun, and a colt hbar was my second. that is unless you count a red ryder with a compass in the stock.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Great story, if I were going to take her to the range, I would sure take one of my 22 LR's for her to shoot and my Colt 45 as well as a couple smaller handguns like 38 and or 9mm. If it is her first time shooting, I would have her shoot the 22 for a bit before moving up to the AK, then let her shoot a 38 revolver or 9mm handgun before the 45. Certainly don't want her to be frightened by the recoil/bang of a 45 or the AK before she knows what to expect. Really glad to see another young person become involved in the sport. Might be a good time to introduce her to the NRA also. I just received a notice yesterday requesting I sign up friends or family for Life membership's for $300. Endowment also reduced to $250 for life members.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Better that you teach her than having one of her knowledgeable 20 something guy friends teach her.

Hey! i am one of those 20 something guys ( 23 ), and i think i do a pretty good job teaching thank you very much. of course unlike most people my age i was raised with the ever so rare ability to use "common sense"

Top Bottom