• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I think that's a great idea. Maybe a nice dovetail off the SKS shoot .38special has each year. You've done a good job organizing meet / greet / shoots before...wanna take the lead on this one?

Sure, I have no problem doing so. I'll post a feller thread, and see how it goes. We'll at least have the few of us. I'm thinking maybe the 9th or 16th of July. Since you have to go to Japan for buisness, and because of the 4th. Plus it will give members time to plan. It will probably be hot, but at least the lanes are covered, and there are indoor air conditioned bathrooms. Plus they sale 7.62 for a pretty reasonable price just in case.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sure, I have no problem doing so. I'll post a feller thread, and see how it goes. We'll at least have the few of us. I'm thinking maybe the 9th or 16th of July. Since you have to go to Japan for buisness, and because of the 4th. Plus it will give members time to plan. It will probably be hot, but at least the lanes are covered, and there are indoor air conditioned bathrooms. Plus they sale 7.62 for a pretty reasonable price just in case.

Sounds great! Thanks for doing it, and looking forward to making some noise!

PTA grad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Ive got a russian sks and a IoI AK47, the sks is pretty good maybe a 12" spread at 100yrds the AK has plastic trim alot lighter and accurate more like a 6-10" spread at a 100yrds but most group within the center of 6". It would be fun to do a group shoot with the two.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    My brother and I compete with one another with an Arsenal Saiga quite often at 100 yards. We have 5 shot group competitions and so far he holds the record with a group just under 2.25 inches at 100 yards.

Most 10 shot groups open up to 3.5 to 4.5 inches, depending on the ammo but with golden bear ammo (which my Saiga loves) and slow steady firing, sub 3 inch groups aren't too difficult.

100_1725.jpg

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    My brother and I compete with one another with an Arsenal Saiga quite often at 100 yards. We have 5 shot group competitions and so far he holds the record with a group just under 2.25 inches at 100 yards.

Most 10 shot groups open up to 3.5 to 4.5 inches, depending on the ammo but with golden bear ammo (which my Saiga loves) and slow steady firing, sub 3 inch groups aren't too difficult.

Iron sights?

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Iron sights?

Unfortunately, no. Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 on a UTG mount using a bipod. Kinda feels like cheating but a scoped AK is the most fun of any scoped gun I've ever shot. That high variance relative to a well tuned AR or bolt gun makes an AK bullseye all the more exciting :)

4-4.jpg

Top Bottom