• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Finally got my first semi-auto, a Gen 4 Glock 21 from Ron over at His and Her Target Sports in Sheridan, funny how I check all the shops up to 60 miles away, but not think about his shop the next town over :rolleyes:. He has Glocks in-stock, as well as ARS/AKS/and ammo. Great guy to deal with, and he has 3 well mannered dogs that run around his store, which is pretty cool. Intended to go to Indy today to buy that Colts Jacket from Gbuck, but the weather didn't agree, so I decided to call Ron, figured they would be off the radar and have stuff in stock, and I was right.

It's incredibly light compared to a metal gun. Not that light with 14 rounds of 45 in it though lol. The grip is fine, I don't see what people talk about when they say it's too big, and I have average sized hands, not large by any means. I wear a 9.5 shoe size, 8 or 9 in most boots.

Does anyone else think the lowers on Glocks feel like they are 10 dollar items lol.

Now to go shoot it, I expect it to be flawless! Serpa Level 3 still is in the mail, gets here later this week, so I still can't carry it yet! It's killing me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the G21. The frames really are light. Most airsoft guns seem to have more weight to them than a bare Glock frame.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Welcome to the dark side. I would say the feel is very similar to most other polymer framed handguns. I personally like the feel. Its light and solid, at least for me and my glock 19 gen 4 it is. I'm sure you will have nothing but good things to say about the G21 once you take it out for a day of shooting.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I've owned several Glocks. Not a big fan of them for reasons unknown. They are well built, robust, accurate pistols with a solid track record. Just not my cup of tea, I suppose.
    I love my Beretta M9 stuffed with 19 rounds of Winchester 147 grain SXT's but I also carried one for two decades while in uniform.

apilcher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Finally got my first semi-auto, a Gen 4 Glock 21 from Ron over at His and Her Target Sports in Sheridan, funny how I check all the shops up to 60 miles away, but not think about his shop the next town over :rolleyes:. He has Glocks in-stock, as well as ARS/AKS/and ammo. Great guy to deal with, and he has 3 well mannered dogs that run around his store, which is pretty cool. Intended to go to Indy today to buy that Colts Jacket from Gbuck, but the weather didn't agree, so I decided to call Ron, figured they would be off the radar and have stuff in stock, and I was right.

It's incredibly light compared to a metal gun. Not that light with 14 rounds of 45 in it though lol. The grip is fine, I don't see what people talk about when they say it's too big, and I have average sized hands, not large by any means. I wear a 9.5 shoe size, 8 or 9 in most boots.

Does anyone else think the lowers on Glocks feel like they are 10 dollar items lol.

Now to go shoot it, I expect it to be flawless! Serpa Level 3 still is in the mail, gets here later this week, so I still can't carry it yet! It's killing me.

Congrats - my 21 is my, hands down, favorite pistol.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Congrats on Glock. However, in time you will realize that this "semi-auto" craze is just a passing fad, and any-day now people will come to their senses and realize that handgun design reached it's pinnacle in 1970 with the introduction of the Smith and Wesson model 66. :p

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've owned several Glocks. Not a big fan of them for reasons unknown. They are well built, robust, accurate pistols with a solid track record. Just not my cup of tea, I suppose.
    I love my Beretta M9 stuffed with 19 rounds of Winchester 147 grain SXT's but I also carried one for two decades while in uniform.

I'm with you, Scout! ;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Congrats on Glock. However, in time you will realize that this "semi-auto" craze is just a passing fad, and any-day now people will come to their senses and realize that handgun design reached it's pinnacle in 1970 with the introduction of the Smith and Wesson model [STRIKE]66[/STRIKE] 19. :p

Fixed:ar15:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Glad somebody likes em. I bought one and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to grip it. I felt like I had the hands of a toddler holding that thing. I'm 6'3" 200lbs and wear size 12-13 boot and I felt like my hands were too small for it.

nod7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Glocks

My Uncle, a retired State Cop, told me that Glocks are overrated and over priced. I prefer the S&W M&P. I have the 40 and the 22lr for the range.

I must say that the comments about semi-autos vs revolvers is an interesting discussion. I have a point and shoot Ruger SP101 357 next to me most every
    where I go. I have never had a misfire or jam and I hit everything I aim at!
    Just sayin!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I had been considering the XD and the M&P, but I like the fact that people say the Glock is boringly reliable, and they eat anything.

As far as holding it goes, maybe I don't have a problem, because I have never regularly shot a semi-auto before? I have shot on occasion my parents .380, but that's it. I guess if you are use to being able to wrap your fingers all the way around the grip and touch your palm, you wont like the 21. My fingers wrap around, but about half way on the return. Doesn't seem to affect anything, you hold a gun with two hands anyway.

I did regularly carry a revolver, but I wanted to get a semi-auto. My revolver is a 32 long, I would take 3 13 round mags + 1 of 45 ACP over 6 rounds of 32 long LRN :D
    But a small revolver is way easier to carry, and is very comfortable.
    I found myself on more than 1 occasion walking into work ( no guns for employees allowed, and forgetting to disarm. I had a jacket on because I work early morning when it is cold out, so I was able to hide it on the way back to the car.

Though I am liking my SERPA Auto Lock 3 so far, just wish my new mount gets here, the jacket slot belt loop only works for a duty belt, I don't like having to screw it on my leather belt each morning! I do like how it sticks out, I can have a jacket on, and it sticks out far enough to zip up the jacket and have it still OC with no jacket in the way. Apparently it sticks out far like that for vests/body armor and comes with a spacer to make it stick out more. I have a new mount coming in the mail, to make it OWB with a regular high riding belt loop.

His prices are a little higher than other shops, but both times we have bought from him, he agreed to our counter offer right away. He wanted 688 for the gen 4 21, while other shops had it for 660-680. So he isn't out to get anyone.

He does have ammo, 3 brands of 45 ACP including the Winchester Supreme Elite stuff. The Remington UMC FMJ 230 gr was 26.50 a box of 50.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Glad somebody likes em. I bought one and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to grip it. I felt like I had the hands of a toddler holding that thing. I'm 6'3" 200lbs and wear size 12-13 boot and I felt like my hands were too small for it.

What's the deal with shoe size? I have 13's and my big toe would never fit in the trigger guard to pull the trigger.

Purple

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    im surprised you even got noticed at the sherridan gun shop every time i have been there they seem to just blow me off like im not going to buy anything

Top Bottom