• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    Just made the same decision and went with the M&P 9C. The girlfriend can use it and soon the daughters. Feels soooo good I'm the hands. Multi grips ensure that it will fit a wide variety of peeps. 12rd and 17rd mag with grip ext make cc or he defense both viable options. Only marginally larger than the shield. Excellent reputation for quality and customer service. American!

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    I start with a beretta m9 then went to a ruger p90 in 45 acp. both IMO a great for a noob. they are very heavy to carry on your belt for long periods of time but great shooters both of them. a ruger p95 would probaly do you well again on the heavy side to CC everyday but a hella truck gun. best of luck and make sure what ever you get to shoot till your hands hurt for the first few months

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Just made the same decision and went with the M&P 9C. The girlfriend can use it and soon the daughters. Feels soooo good I'm the hands. Multi grips ensure that it will fit a wide variety of peeps. 12rd and 17rd mag with grip ext make cc or he defense both viable options. Only marginally larger than the shield. Excellent reputation for quality and customer service. American!

Congratulations on the new gun. Now get out there and shoot it till your hand goes numb! :ar15:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    New to the forum so apologies if this gets asked a lot. I am going to be purchasing my first handgun within the next month and am trying to put together a list of guns to look into. This will probably be the only handgun I will own(at least for a couple years). I do have some experience handling and shooting handguns just have never owned. Looking for something for home defense and carry. 9mm or 380. Would like to keep it under $500. I know a lot of people are going to say glock but I have shot a 26 and a 19 in the last month and they just don't feel right in my hand. Also, if anyone knows of any ranges in the Bedford area it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm in a similar situation. Shot hundred of rounds of 9mm while I was in the military, but never owned a gun for myself at home.

For a 9mm, a CZ-75 is a really well-made, good-shooting gun. Probably a little big for carry, depending on your build.

I decided against a 9mm in favor of a 10mm/.40/.357 convertible Glock 20, but millions of people and thousands of dead people can't be wrong about the 9mm being viable.

Glocks are a polarizing them, for sure. If it doesn't feel good, it doesn't feel good. To me, they feel great, esp in a gen 4 config.

I'm desperately wanting a gen 4 G20 (heck, I want FDE, since we're dreaming).

Home Defense and Carry are somewhat mutually exclusive in terms of ideals. But a good carry gun is way better at home defense than a home defense gun is at carrying. Stick with the smaller compacts and subs that feel good in your hand.

I've been pretty impressed with the Kahrs I have handled-- VERY good build quality.

Sig also has some very nice smaller-sized guns, but like the Kahrs they aren't cheap.

You may find that knuckling down and extending the budget up to $600 or $650 would open up a LOT of options for you.

JH

Top Bottom