• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just tested the waters by stopping by my local auto body shop where a group of guys I know hang out after hours and drink beer. Felt weird but not bad. Got plenty of comments(some good some bad) but these are all people I know. One of the older guys started going off about the new law that lets people carry on the the public bus and how he would demand his money back and get off the bus if he saw a gun. I didnt say much except "thats your right to do so" I just let the old farts debate amongst themselves. A few more trips to familiar places and I'll be ready for the general public.

When you guys OC what is your gun of choice?

Right now Im saving up for a M&P 9c. My Taurus PT 99 has never left the night stand till now, it felt big and a llittle obnoxious.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Just tested the waters by stopping by my local auto body shop where a group of guys I know hang out after hours and drink beer. Felt weird but not bad. Got plenty of comments(some good some bad) but these are all people I know. One of the older guys started going off about the new law that lets people carry on the the public bus and how he would demand his money back and get off the bus if he saw a gun. I didnt say much except "thats your right to do so" I just let the old farts debate amongst themselves. A few more trips to familiar places and I'll be ready for the general public.

When you guys OC what is your gun of choice?

Right now Im saving up for a M&P 9c. My Taurus PT 99 has never left the night stand till now, it felt big and a llittle obnoxious.

Full size Mil Spec 1911... but it is more often CC than OC.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Welcome to INGO!

OC gets more comfortable the more you do it. I do both, depending on where I am going and what I'm doing. You'll find that will probably be the case with you as well.

Edit added: I'm an XD9 Sub Compact carrier. Love it!

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's already legal to carry in a public bus as today.
    The company may have a "no weapon" policy but that's it, its not forbiden by state or federal law.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    glock 23. i CC most of the time due to feelin like no one should ever know exactly what you have and i dont wanna get shot in the back of the head in a gas station when someone comes to rob it. but it realy just depends on wat im doin and where i am. went to walmart the other day and everyone in my line couldnt take their eye off my hip and a few ppl got out of line...such is life. they way i look at it is the following : if im in a store and see someone with a firearm i feel alittle safer due to knowing if something goes down there is a good guy with a gun, but i guess not many people feel the same

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I currently OC an XDm9 in a Raven holster but I'm open to something bigger and more obnoxious. :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I currently OC an XDm9 in a Raven holster but I'm open to something bigger and more obnoxious. :)

64077748.jpg

People should notice this, especially when you cant find a holster for it and have to carry it in your arms all day.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    glock 23. i CC most of the time due to feelin like no one should ever know exactly what you have and i dont wanna get shot in the back of the head in a gas station when someone comes to rob it. but it realy just depends on wat im doin and where i am. went to walmart the other day and everyone in my line couldnt take their eye off my hip and a few ppl got out of line...such is life. they way i look at it is the following : if im in a store and see someone with a firearm i feel alittle safer due to knowing if something goes down there is a good guy with a gun, but i guess not many people feel the same

not_this_crap_again.jpg

You do realize that there is very little evidence this happens, right?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I usually cc but if I'm out fishin with the kids I open carry it's much more comfortable I've never had anyone complain.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Where the heck do you shop, man? Are you also dressed in a way that makes people take notice of you?

I live in NW Indiana, 20 minutes from the Illinois border and 15 minutes from Gary. When I OC, which I do about 50-50, I take notice of people, first to be aware of my surroundings and second to see if they notice my sidearm. I've never had anyone appear to give so much as a sideways glance.

Most people who relate their OC experiences have no problems whatsoever. A very few make it sound like everyone dove under the clothes racks as they walked past. Those accounts make me feel like their is more to it than just an OC'd handgun.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Gee I guess that explains all my headaches............those shots to the back of the head and all :tinfoil: :facepalm::horse: !

Nice to see the newby's still believe everything they read! :koolaid:

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have OC'd with all my larger caliber handguns at some point. Gov. 1911, Springfield XD Service, Walther PK380 and even my M&P Pro 9mm. Like another person said, you will get more comfortable the more you do it. It's no different then having a multi-tool or knife on your belt in my eyes.

Top Bottom