• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It was actually accidental. I was out to eat at El-Meson in Plainfield and my "Indiana Zombie Response Team" hoodie must have ridden up over the handle of my Glock while I was eating. While at the counter paying, I noticed the guy behind me was mean mugging and possibly staring at my ass. (I noticed this using situational awareness, and no, I don't think he was an instructor :D) My wife pointed out that he was actually staring at my exposed weapon, which I immediately covered so that I was not singled out by the first evil doer that happened to stroll in. ;)

While I usually don't OC personally, I respect others choice to carry however they see fit. It's also nice to know that no laws were broken by this particular wardrobe malfunction.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    AMAZING....people saw your gun but, no panic ensued, no cops came to haul you away in cuffs, it didn't get snatched off your hip, you weren't shot at, and there wasn't mass rioting screaming for gun control because of your "activism"....

Wow, you're lucky. :rolleyes:
    :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just have to say that it wasn't very thoughtful of you to leave so quickly. The guy didn't even have time to take a picture of himself putting a booger on your gun. Sheesh!.

Also, you were probably correct. He didn't even notice your Glock but was really just checking out your a$$?

:gaychase:

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Whaaaat!? He didn't take a picture of your Glock while he was pointing at it!?

Excellent SA! BTW, I've seen someone wearing that hoodie while eating breakfast with their family at the pancake place in Avon between the two colleges. Was that you?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    While I usually don't OC personally, I respect others choice to carry however they see fit. It's also nice to know that no laws were broken by this particular wardrobe malfunction.

I also will never (ok, never say never) it is improbable that I will ever open carry.

That said, I strongly support OC laws in the event that my gun becomes exposed in day to day life.

I was at Lowes back in the spring and had to crawl over some busted Quickrete bags to get to some bags that were still sealed.

I KNOW I ended up showing but nobody was there to see it. Just gives me peace of mind to know that if somebody had seen it no laws would be broken.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I also will never (ok, never say never) it is improbable that I will ever open carry.

That said, I strongly support OC laws in the event that my gun becomes exposed in day to day life.

I was at Lowes back in the spring and had to crawl over some busted Quickrete bags to get to some bags that were still sealed.

I KNOW I ended up showing but nobody was there to see it. Just gives me peace of mind to know that if somebody had seen it no laws would be broken.
    That's as it should be. Check out Texas on handgunlaw.us. You can't carry openly and you can't even print! I don't know why they have to be that way.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    That's as it should be. Check out Texas on handgunlaw.us. You can't carry openly and you can't even print! I don't know why they have to be that way.

If I lived in Texas (and here's the snarky DM1975) I would have a T-shirt made up with a gun PRINTED on the right hip as if it were a picture of a CC handgun just to me a smart alec. Heck, I might do that and not carry to be an even bigger jackhole :D

"no officer, you're mistaken.. it's not printING, it's printED" :D

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    My best friend lives in Tejas. It surprises me some of the silly laws they have down there. What surprises me even more is that he and his family (who all carry) believe that their state has the best gun laws.

I feel really fortunate to live in a state like IN where I agree with most (not all) of the gun laws.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    When I lived there the CCW took close to a year for one of my buddies. He waited nearly 6 months to get a training class and then they found out he climbed a water tower when he was 18 and got arrested and plead guilty so he could go home that night. Took another 6 months to get that out of the way. The stupid "no print" is there I think to allow LEOs to have a reason to investigate anyone they want to. Especially in and around Austin.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I applaud your tolerance of the Dark Side (OC) but I hope you have a better reason to support it than so that it doesn't inconvenience you if you accidently exposes yourself in public. Like say the natural right of every person to carry a weapon for self defense however they choose?

Think about it.

If I lived in Texas (and here's the snarky DM1975) I would have a T-shirt made up with a gun PRINTED on the right hip as if it were a picture of a CC handgun just to me a smart alec. Heck, I might do that and not carry to be an even bigger jackhole :D

"no officer, you're mistaken.. it's not printING, it's printED" :D

There was pictures of a shirt on here that had:

"I am lawfully carrying a handgun, pursuant to [legal code]"

On it specifically for Texans. I thought it was cute. ;)

My best friend lives in Tejas. It surprises me some of the silly laws they have down there. What surprises me even more is that he and his family (who all carry) believe that their state has the best gun laws.

I feel really fortunate to live in a state like IN where I agree with most (not all) of the gun laws.

NEVER get into a gun law argument with a Texan. For some reason they think theirs are the best and the rest of the Us can go to hell for all they care.

Also never go to XDTalk and try to have a coherent conversation- ESPECIALLY with Texans on there. I hope I never have to go back to Texas again. I would rather go to Illinois, at least they KNOW what a ****hole they live in :laugh:

Top Bottom