• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I am in the process of my first AR semi-build and already have a carbine upper with MOE handguards. I intend for this to be a mostly range carbine and it will probably end up with some sort of red dot but that is another post:D

I have a stripped receiver and am looking at lower build kits.(is this even the best option?) I think I have decided on this one but I am curious if those that have more experience would have recommendations for a first time build.

Anything that I have to get that is not standard?

Thanks for any advice guys and have a great 4th:patriot:

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    most of the stuff is (from what i understand) the same - meaning pins. detents, etc.

the trigger is where your biggest upgrade will be in an LPK. i went with the RRA 2 stage trigger - if you want something awesome, the AR gold is in my fathers target rifle, and its simply awesome. its not cheap, though.

i was very budget minded, which is why i got the RRA LPK with 2 stage trigger. also came with a hogue grip, which for me is the most comfortable.

just dont get the standard GI trigger. they are awful.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I like the Spikes Enhanced LPK. I'm changing out one of my current stocks with F93 Ergo System. I've also used Rock River Arms kits w/ NM trigger. I typically use Spikes Mil Spec Buffer kits.

Ketchup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    I am not a fan of the ar gold but this may have been attributed to a defect in the unit I received. The pull weight was not consistent and break was not crisp. In any case, I returned it in exchange for a geiselle and couldn't be happier.

+1 on the RRA kit.

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    I just finished my 1st AR build. I had a Del-ton lower and ordered a LPK from Bill Springfield. He takes a Brownells LPK and does a trigger job on the trigger. I elected the 2 1/2 lb trigger because I built a bench AR. He has a website for anyone wondering on prices. His trigger work was excellent!

Top Bottom