• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have owned a KelTec P3AP for about three years. I had numerous FTF and FTE problems and finally found myself unable to trust it completely. When I first saw the Bodyguard 380 I loved the fact that it has a last round slide hold back which the Kel Tec doesnt', built-in laser, and dove-tail sights. (they JUST released new night sights for this gun. can't wait!)
    doc44-albums-southwest-bunch-picture3351-bodyguard-380-october-2010.jpg

Anyway, went to a friends house and shot a few mags through it of White box and and Hornady 90gr. This gun has far less muzzle flip than the P3AT. With the Kel Tec I always felt like readjusting my grip after every shot. With the BG it was smooth and easy. The sights were much easier even without the night sight upgrade. The laser was easy to see even in full daylight. Nice gun with NO CONTEST to the P3AT.

Now I just want a M&P 22 pistol!:)

Pattypat25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Keep an eye on the tiny screw that sits in the laser housing. It has come loose and backed out a couple times and jammed the slide on me. It hasnt happened while shooting just after cleaning i noticed it one time. Now I check it after 20-30 rounds and tighten it back up. The actual housing snaps into place so the screw is kind of pointless in my mind. Otherwise I love it and carry it everywhere I go.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife loves hers. Compared to the LCP, her and my thoughts are similar to the OPs. Groups are good within reasonable range for a pocket pistol. The laser sight also proved helpful with her practice of point shooting. Sights on the pistol are pretty good too, but honestly not that big of an issue inside of 7 yards.

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Where did you find the night sights, Greyhound? I saw a white dot sight but it didn't look too official.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I shot one. I was very impressed and would take it over my sisters LCP. The laser was nearly dead on from the factory which impressed me.

Last edited:

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    honestly sticking tritium on this is basically the deal sealer. because you get the force multiplier of the night sights, and on top of that able to show show laser discipline. due to being able to use the isodots. ergo no star wars here i am with my shiney red laser moments.

best of luck on your carrying.

Top Bottom