• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I'm going to Fiji diving next year. Found out, the resort offers a wild hog hunt. I'M IN! It's spears and knives only. No firearms on the island. How freaking cool will that be!? Dive a couple days, hog hunt a couple.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'm going to Fiji diving next year. Found out, the resort offers a wild hog hunt. I'M IN! It's spears and knives only. No firearms on the island. How freaking cool will that be!? Dive a couple days, hog hunt a couple.

It is fun. You can do it in Florida too for not too much money. It's a hoot.

tmattern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    cant miss with eith the .308 or the .270, the 30-06 to me is not a flat enough shooting rifle cart.

nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    i havent been hog hunting before but plan to go soon as well. has anyone used dogs and spears or anything of the sort. i was thinking about doing that. heard it was dangerous but i'm not really if its a terrible idea or not

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I am interested in doing this as well. A friend of mine goes to Tennessee to hog hunt, I may have to tag along.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'll be going hog hunting in the spring. Looking to take one or two 6.5 Grendel rifle. Possibly also a 7.62x39 rifle and a 5.56 rifle. From everything I can tell, a 5.56 is plenty of gun for a hog.

If you have an AR that has fast enough twist for a 70gr bullet, take an AR.

Forget hunting hogs for sport. Think of it as population control and public service.

Kill every single one you see. Trust me, they are NOT in danger of population shortage, and probably never will be.

JMO

dean2182

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    New Albany
    Its not what you use-Its where you put it. I used a 7 mm remmag on the first hog. Three shots in the chest & a hour chase. Next time behind the ear no chase. Gradson used a 20 ga slug no problem. Have fun
    dean2182

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you have an AR that has fast enough twist for a 70gr bullet, take an AR.

Forget hunting hogs for sport. Think of it as population control and public service.

Kill every single one you see. Trust me, they are NOT in danger of population shortage, and probably never will be.

JMO

The goal is to bring back meat, not trophies. Population control is key.

We hope to bring back one full/dressed out hog that we can roast at the 1101 Cigar Lounge in a pit (Hawaiian style) in the yard next to the parking lot and give away to customers.

I'm building a custom bolt action 6.5 Grendel based on a CZ 527 for the trip, just bought the donor rifle to use for the conversion to 6.5 Grendel.

I've also to a 6.5 Grendel AR15 for the trip. I'll be lending a couple guns to others going on the trip, very likely a 7.62x39 AR15 and a 5.56 AR15 as well.

adsVA83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've hog hunted in Florida before down between Tampa and Orlando. My buddy is actually one of the guides for a hunting outfit there, so I hunt for free. I've seen guys take them with anything from .223, any of the bolt action rifle rounds, compound bow, crossbow, use dogs and a big blade, stalk them, shoot from tree stands. The options are pretty limitless. The first one I ever took was done just stalking them and took about a 20 yard shot with a .357 ruger blackhawk on a hog that turned up a trail directly towards me.

It's an absolute blast any way you cut it.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I've hog hunted in Florida before down between Tampa and Orlando. My buddy is actually one of the guides for a hunting outfit there, so I hunt for free. I've seen guys take them with anything from .223, any of the bolt action rifle rounds, compound bow, crossbow, use dogs and a big blade, stalk them, shoot from tree stands. The options are pretty limitless. The first one I ever took was done just stalking them and took about a 20 yard shot with a .357 ruger blackhawk on a hog that turned up a trail directly towards me.

It's an absolute blast any way you cut it.

yeah does your buddy have a website? Would he do a INGO discount?:D

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    They charge that much... because they can! As long as people will pay it, they will keep on charging high prices.(and complain about how big of a problem hogs are):twocents:

Top Bottom