• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Noblesville
    Just my opinion but for a first handgun I like the Ruger SR9C or for more oomph SR40C. Why I like it: Gives more capacity than a revolver. A lot of gun for the $$ with Ruger reliability. If you get the 9mm you can practice cheaper than anything out there other than a 22LR. Personally I like the thumb safety especially for concealed carry. I also like the versatility of the two magazines. The larger gives you more capacity and a getter grip, the smaller one gives you better concealability. If it were my gun after chambering a round and setting the safety I would load up both mags. The large one I would keep in the Ruger for home defense, the smaller I would switch to when going out concealed.

All the Best.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    As others have already said, in revolver land it is hard to go wrong if you choose a Colt, Smith, or a Ruger. I love the old Colts, but very pricey for the snake guns. Smiths shoot like a dream, but for general use my choice is a 3" GP-100.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    For hunting and so I suggest a Ruger redhawk (44mag) or a GP100 (357mag).
    For carry either a Ruger SP101 or GP100 Willy Clap edition.
    maybe even a Ruger LCR or a (can't Remember the manufacturer) 44 mag pug.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just found this for my father on GunBroker. It will be here next week. Not his first handgun but it will be his only centerfire pistol (his other pistol is a Ruger Mk1). He is selling off his old snubby for a bit of an upgrade. He already has a simply rugged pancake holster with IWB straps on order. Should make a nice combination carry and house gun.

Smith & Wesson 60-15 Pro Series

pix566074931_zps3ec63844.jpg

Top Bottom