Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I would go with the Glock for a lot of reasons;
    Proven reliability
    Proven durability
    Lighter for primary carry
    More compact for primary carry
    No safety which I believe is the way a carry gun should be.

I know I'm going to be in a huge minority here but I think the cz 75b is ugly as all hell...just my opinion.

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've owned Glocks and CZs. Only Glock I have now is a gen4 17. Have a 75B and a 75 compact. CZs are my favorite. Had a gen3 23 once. It was too snappy. All my other late model gen3 9mms would eject brass in my face no matter what parts I changed. My gen4 is good to go though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Proven reliability
    Proven durability

I know I'm going to be in a huge minority here but I think the cz 75b is ugly as all hell...just my opinion.

That explains it! About noon today, I detected a disturbance in the force. I thought: 'Did someone just blaspheme a CZ?' but then dismissed it as crazy talk. But, here it is!

To each his own, right. I love the looks of the CZ. Then again, I also kind of like the looks of a Glock with either an FDE frame or EXO finish. There are advantages to either of those packages and each has disadvantages. The only way to begin figuring out what is best for the OP is for him to shoot both, or at least, hold both. Shooting them gives a much better experience to go by. When I dry fire a Glock, it feels cheap and plasticy to me. It reminds me of the dart guns we used to have as kids with that springy trigger pull. But, when I'm shooting any of my Glocks at the range, they feel completely different. The cheap springy feeling is gone and they just feel good. Really good.

The biggest caution I have against the CZ is that it can limit your collection going forward. Not many other guns will feel as good in your hand and you may find that 10 years down the road, you only have a couple of CZs in your collection because everything else you tried just came up short. Life is too short to not experience as many guns as you can.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    For me a Glock is like a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry- ubiquitous, kinda boring, but they do what they are supposed to do and everybody has them so they're easy to get work done on. A CZ is like a Volkswagen Jetta - good cars but it's hard to find a mechanic and parts are expensive.

For the first/only pistol I'd pick the Honda. Also like the others have said, I'd go with the G19 over the G23 for all the reason everyone else has mentioned.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Proven reliability
    Proven durability

Can you definitively prove a Glock is more reliable or more durable than a CZ? Can you cite sources for your statements? And you can get a CZ without a safety if you so wish.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Proven reliability
    Proven durability

Mad Macs makes a good point.

The CZ has:
    Proven reliability
    Proven durability
    [STRIKE]Lighter for primary carry [/STRIKE] Heavier for faster follow up shots.
    More compact for primary carry in the Rami (Glock 26 sized) or CZ 75 Compact (Glock 19/23 sized).
    No safety on the decocker models.

The only real difference in the CZ and Glock is that of the choice of a heavier gun that is harder to carry but easier to shoot or a lighter gun that is easier to carry but harder to shoot. In the Glock, you get a very simple design that has, at best, a mediocre trigger or a complex design with the CZ that can have a fantastic trigger.

They really balance each other out and I think either would make an excellent choice based on the preferences of the shooter.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Can you definitively prove a Glock is more reliable or more durable than a CZ? Can you cite sources for your statements? And you can get a CZ without a safety if you so wish.

I had a CZ-75B that was a jam-o-matic w/Blazer aluminum. It fed fine in the Glock 17 and Sig 226. I also had a RAMI 2075 in 40 that jammed every 4 or 5 rounds. I blame that on the terrible mags though. Just personal experience. I still own 3 CZs though so I'm not bashing in any way, shape, or form. YMMV:ingo:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a CZ-75B that was a jam-o-matic w/Blazer aluminum. It fed fine in the Glock 17 and Sig 226. I also had a RAMI 2075 in 40 that jammed every 4 or 5 rounds. I blame that on the terrible mags though. Just personal experience. I still own 3 CZs though so I'm not bashing in any way, shape, or form. YMMV:ingo:

This is why it's a bad idea to trust the internet in regards to reliability. Every gun needs to prove itself as there are potential lemons in each and every manufacturer. My worst out of the box gun experience was with a Glock 19. It could not do 3 consecutive rounds without jamming through the first 50 rounds. With a lighter spring, it worked better and once past 150 rounds was fine, even with the stock spring.

Every gun needs to prove itself worthy of carry. Even guns with fabled reliability can have issues that only appear with use.

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    I had a CZ P-07 Duty and eventually traded it for a Glock 26. Pretty happy with the 26 for carry and for finding accessories. The 75 is a great gun. No wrong answer either way.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Sig Sauer SP2022 Great Gun. Reliable, accurate right out of the box. Great Quality at a Great Price. If I had to choose my first gun today that would be it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom