• ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    oh noes.....we have more owned by SHO's people on here???:):

looks good, 23 is the compact 40 isn't it(don't feel like looking it up)??
    Yea, no one expects the SHO. :):

Yea, the 23 is the compact, 27 is the sub, 22 is the full size.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Yea, no one expects the SHO. :):

Yea, the 23 is the compact, 27 is the sub, 22 is the full size.

oic, I always wondered what the 40's models were.

And yes, no one ever suspects the sho, especially when a 5sp opens up a can of whoop a$$ on an ususpecting older stock mustang:)::)::):

I held within a length of a 99-04 auto 0-100+, with a messed up clutch that made it hard to shift...:):

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Nice gun, Glock 19 was my first :)

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but to legally take the firearm to the range you have to have your permit. The probability that you will get in trouble is VERY minimal, but it is against the law. Many people have done it with it locked in a container out of reach, but that is still not TECHNICALLY legal, and many people don't even know that.

My $.02

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2[/FONT]
    Chapter 2. Regulation of Handguns
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2-1[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Carrying a handgun without a license or by person convicted of[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]domestic battery[/FONT]

Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of

this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on
    or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the
    person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued
    under this chapter being in the person's possession.
    (b) Unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored
    under IC 35-47-4-7, a person who has been convicted of domestic
    battery under IC 35-42-2-1.3 may not possess or carry a handgun in
    any vehicle or on or about the person's body in the person's dwelling
    or on the person's property or fixed place of business.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.326-1987,[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]SEC.1; P.L.195-2003, SEC.6; P.L.98-2004, SEC.155; P.L.118-2007,[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]SEC.35.[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2-2[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Excepted persons[/FONT]

Sec. 2. Section 1 of this chapter does not apply to:

(1) marshals;
    (2) sheriffs;
    (3) the commissioner of the department of correction or persons
    authorized by him in writing to carry firearms;
    (4) judicial officers;
    (5) law enforcement officers;
    (6) members of the armed forces of the United States or of the
    national guard or organized reserves while they are on duty;
    (7) regularly enrolled members of any organization duly
    authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United
    States or from this state who are at or are going to or from their
    place of assembly or target practice;
    (8) employees of the United States duly authorized to carry
    handguns;
    (9) employees of express companies when engaged in company
    business;
    (10) any person engaged in the business of manufacturing,
    repairing, or dealing in firearms or the agent or representative
    of any such person having in his possession, using, or carrying
    a handgun in the usual or ordinary course of that business; or
    (11) any person while carrying a handgun unloaded and in a
    secure wrapper from the place of purchase to his dwelling or
    fixed place of business, or to a place of repair or back to his
    dwelling or fixed place of business, or in moving from one
    dwelling or business to another.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.[/FONT]

Would this not cover the transportation of a hanggun to the range for someone without a permit??

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2[/FONT]
    Chapter 2. Regulation of Handguns
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2-1[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Carrying a handgun without a license or by person convicted of[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]domestic battery[/FONT]

Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of

this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on
    or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the
    person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued
    under this chapter being in the person's possession.
    (b) Unless the person's right to possess a firearm has been restored
    under IC 35-47-4-7, a person who has been convicted of domestic
    battery under IC 35-42-2-1.3 may not possess or carry a handgun in
    any vehicle or on or about the person's body in the person's dwelling
    or on the person's property or fixed place of business.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.326-1987,[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]SEC.1; P.L.195-2003, SEC.6; P.L.98-2004, SEC.155; P.L.118-2007,[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]SEC.35.[/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2-2[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Excepted persons[/FONT]

Sec. 2. Section 1 of this chapter does not apply to:

(1) marshals;
    (2) sheriffs;
    (3) the commissioner of the department of correction or persons
    authorized by him in writing to carry firearms;
    (4) judicial officers;
    (5) law enforcement officers;
    (6) members of the armed forces of the United States or of the
    national guard or organized reserves while they are on duty;
    (7) regularly enrolled members of any organization duly
    authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United
    States or from this state who are at or are going to or from their
    place of assembly or target practice;
    (8) employees of the United States duly authorized to carry
    handguns;
    (9) employees of express companies when engaged in company
    business;
    (10) any person engaged in the business of manufacturing,
    repairing, or dealing in firearms or the agent or representative
    of any such person having in his possession, using, or carrying
    a handgun in the usual or ordinary course of that business; or

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.[/FONT]

Would this not cover the transportation of a hanggun to the range for someone without a permit??
    No, you are not covered under that section. That section only pertains to and from your house and where you bought it. To and from your house and fixed place of business (your business, not a 3rd party). And to and from your house and where you are getting it fixed.

If you were a member of a club, i.e. MCF&G, I think #7 would apply. I think that is the only one that even comes close.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    No, you are not covered under that section. That section only pertains to and from your house and where you bought it. To and from your house and fixed place of business (your business, not a 3rd party). And to and from your house and where you are getting it fixed.

If you were a member of a club, i.e. MCF&G, I think #7 would apply. I think that is the only one that even comes close.

Please explain the final clause: or in moving from one dwelling or business to another.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Please explain the final clause: or in moving from one dwelling or business to another.
    Hell if I know. It doesn't really reference anything or specifically mention anything.

My guess, would be that it is intended for if you move. It would allow you to transport it from your old dwelling to your new dwelling, and from your old business to your new business?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hell if I know. It doesn't really reference anything or specifically mention anything.

My guess, would be that it is intended for if you move. It would allow you to transport it from your old dwelling to your new dwelling, and from your old business to your new business?

That's kind of my point. I make the same argument as cwood, but people more knowledgeable in the law than I continue to refute it. Even so, I have yet to hear one coherent argument or see one example of case law that explains that third clause. The kicker is that the third clause is what appears to allow you to transport without a license.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland

The way I understood it was that the third clause made the action of transporting a firearm between your own dwellings or businesses legal, since you are legally allowed to carry the firearm in those places under this chapter. The way that it says moving is where I drew the conclusion that this was the actual act of moving the handgun to these residences/businesses, because the act of transporting a handgun in the rest of the entire chapter is referred to as "carrying" not "moving". Sorry, I'm really tired so not sure if that made sense, and that's just MY interpretation of the law.

I could be 100% wrong lol :n00b:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The way I understood it was that the third clause made the action of transporting a firearm between your own dwellings or businesses legal, since you are legally allowed to carry the firearm in those places under this chapter. The way that it says moving is where I drew the conclusion that this was the actual act of moving the handgun to these residences/businesses, because the act of transporting a handgun in the rest of the entire chapter is referred to as "carrying" not "moving". Sorry, I'm really tired so not sure if that made sense, and that's just MY interpretation of the law.

I could be 100% wrong lol :n00b:
    The first 2 clauses cover from your dwelling to your business and back. I think that much is understandable. After reading and re-reading the last clause, it doesn't really make any sense.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    The laws are written in such an esoteric manner, they really need a translated copy so normal joes can make sense of it all haha. I read some posts on here that make me confident I'm not a felon for buying this gun, though, being 20 years old and a FTF transaction... I was a bit scared when both my uncle and cousin told me it would be illegal, or a straw purchase if I had somebody over 21 buy it for me and gift it... Guess they were wrong :D The whole distinction between federal regulations for sales from a dealer and local (re: state) law is confusing, but I think I've made sense of it all now. :):

So basically, it is still against the rules to take it to a range? ...or not? lol :lmfao:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The laws are written in such an esoteric manner, they really need a translated copy so normal joes can make sense of it all haha.

Any interpretation (of any law) will be filtered by the interpreter's bias. That's why we need case law, so that we can see how the court system has ruled on it.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    or a straw purchase if I had somebody over 21 buy it for me and gift it... Guess they were wrong :D

That would be legal, as long as you gave them NO MONEY towards the purchase, that would make it a straw purchase.

The first 2 clauses cover from your dwelling to your business and back. I think that much is understandable. After reading and re-reading the last clause, it doesn't really make any sense.

I have to disagree.
    The first clause covers: From gun shop to your house/business
    The second Clause covers: From gunsmith to your home/business
    The third clause covers: From your place of business to your home, and vice versa

That is the law as I read it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    This has been covered in another thread recently:

Its only a straw purchase if someone purchased a gun for someone who is not legally allowed to own one. If your aunt's brother-in-law's neighbor's daughter bought a gun for you, it is not a straw purchase unless you are not legally allowed to OWN one.

A LTCH is NOT required to take a handgun to a range. Its not a license to own a handgun, its a LTCarryH. Keep it in a case unloaded and go practice with it. Most people here will strongly encourage you to practice a lot before you start carrying. Unload the gun, put it in a case, put it in your trunk or behind the seat of your truck, and go to the range. End of story.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Its only a straw purchase if someone purchased a gun for someone who is not legally allowed to own one. If your aunt's brother-in-law's neighbor's daughter bought a gun for you, it is not a straw purchase unless you are not legally allowed to OWN one.

A LTCH is NOT required to take a handgun to a range. Its not a license to own a handgun, its a LTCarryH. Keep it in a case unloaded and go practice with it. Most people here will strongly encourage you to practice a lot before you start carrying. Unload the gun, put it in a case, put it in your trunk or behind the seat of your truck, and go to the range. End of story.

The straw purchase part is not 100% true. Yes, you cannot buy a gun and give it to them if they are forbidden by law. ALSO though, you cannot purchase a handgun for someone USING THE OTHER PERSON'S MONEY. In this case, you cannot truthfully answer the "I am the actual purchaser of this firearm" question and would also be a straw purchase. I can't give my girlfriend $500 to buy me a new gun at MC Sports, because that would be illegal.

Also, why is a target/limited permit offered if it is not required? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but why would they offer that if it was not required?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    NRA-ILA :: Gun Laws

No state permit is required for the possession of a rifle, shotgun, or handgun. At the end of the document they list the code cited, if you care to have the number. As for what you've said about straw purchasing and using the other person's money, I do not know. If that is true, I would like to know the citation. As you were, I am not trying to be argumentative either. I think everybody understands how much something is worth on a internet forum without proper citation. My apologies for not citing what I said.

Top Bottom