• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Got a Glock 23 today! Haven't shot it yet, but it seems straight and in order! Got two extra 13rnd mags and a holster with it as well.

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

Gonna try and get out to a range or farm to shoot it on Sunday, I'm real excited, and got a great deal on it. too ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Congrats Benny. You're all set up. G23 + spare mag + BladeTech IWB = ready to rock and roll.

Do you have your handgun permit yet?

P.S. If you EVER decide that your BladeTech IWB isn't the right fit for you, I will buy it. I carry a G19 so I might even have something worth trading.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Congrats Benny. You're all set up. G23 + spare mag + BladeTech IWB = ready to rock and roll.

Do you have your handgun permit yet?

P.S. If you EVER decide that your BladeTech IWB isn't the right fit for you, I will buy it. I carry a G19 so I might even have something worth trading.

I do not have my permit yet, I need to go apply next week. I'm not too worried about it yet anyway, I mainly wanted a gun for home protection and range - but the size/frame of this gun will be perfect for a carry weapon IMO...now to see if it fires as nice as it feels ;)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Nice gun, Glock 19 was my first :)

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but to legally take the firearm to the range you have to have your permit. The probability that you will get in trouble is VERY minimal, but it is against the law. Many people have done it with it locked in a container out of reach, but that is still not TECHNICALLY legal, and many people don't even know that.

My $.02

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Nice gun, Glock 19 was my first :)

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but to legally take the firearm to the range you have to have your permit. The probability that you will get in trouble is VERY minimal, but it is against the law. Many people have done it with it locked in a container out of reach, but that is still not TECHNICALLY legal, and many people don't even know that.

My $.02

Cool thanks, very good to know! :cheers: I'm applying Monday, hopefully the Carmel (where my primary address is) will be easy to apply, I heard you have to interview with a cop to get it and that they are very leery about "letting" people have CCW's, especially young persons.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Cool thanks, very good to know! :cheers: I'm applying Monday, hopefully the Carmel (where my primary address is) will be easy to apply, I heard you have to interview with a cop to get it and that they are very leery about "letting" people have CCW's, especially young persons.

Well good luck. Never heard of anyone having to be interviewed in Indiana, although I did have to get a letter from the IUPD before applying, and I thought that was more than required lol :dunno: If you live somewhere else you can apply in that district. My GF's primary address is in Indy, but applied through the Bloomington PD for her Lifetime LTCH (or we just got lucky lol).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I heard you have to interview with a cop to get it and that they are very leery about "letting" people have CCW's, especially young persons.

Indiana is a "shall issue" state. Not only are they not allowed to interview you, unless you have something specific on your record which prohibits you they must approve it (or rather, approve the local background check. It's the state police that ultimately grants the LTCH).

Oh, and one more thing, Indiana has an LTCH (License to Carry a Handgun), and not a CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon). The distinction is important as Indiana statute does not specify that you must carry concealed.

Top Bottom