• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, at the tender age of 32, i finally managed to shoot my first deer. he's not some backwoods brute, but i couldn't be anymore excited.
    picture.php

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    Nice!

I'm 18 and I've hunted since I was about 8. I just shot my first deer this year. It was a doe about the same size as yours. Got her with my .50 caliber muzzleloader. After all the years you spend hunting, it's all finally worth it when you get one! Congrats!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    very nice!! I dropped my first deer ever last year in ML season, a doe.

Hoping to do the same again this year or maybe get lucky and actually see a buck.

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will join in the congratulations. I am 53 and shot my first deer this year also. It truly is an unforgetable experiance.

Did you butcher it yourself or take it some place to have it done? I was fortunate enough to have someone to guide me on the butchering.

Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Congrats! This is my first year also, just turned 30 Sat. and i got a button buck and big doe just before my birthday. I too hope to get a buck, i saw a few bow season but nothing i could shoot. Plan to get out ML season tho.

Nice shootin :ar15:
    Nathan

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I will join in the congratulations. I am 53 and shot my first deer this year also. It truly is an unforgetable experiance.

Did you butcher it yourself or take it some place to have it done? I was fortunate enough to have someone to guide me on the butchering.

Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!

thanks and congrats to you. i had help (instruction) on the finer points of gutting it, but i left the hard work to Archers in fishers. maybe after i harvest a couple more i'll get brave enough to try butchering myself.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Congrats Bob! Nice looking deer.

I will tell you, it doesn't get a whole lot better for SOME of us. I turned 51 this year, and my first deer (a 9 point buck) was taken in my FIRST year, about 27years ago! I STILL get excited when I drop a deer.

That adrenaline rush is ALWAYS there. Even after all these years!

disengaged

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Madison County
    Congratulations! This wasn't an easy year. I know a few seasoned hunters that have yet to take a deer. I was lucky enough to fill my tag yesterday morning.

Top Bottom