• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Carmel Indiana
    Pilot, as you don't know any of us in real life I think saying we aren't doing anything to protect our right is out of bounds. Their are many members on INGO that have marched in support of our rights. Many also write their congressman in defense of our rights. We also support gun rights organizations. I have written my congressmen in support of our rights on quite a few occasions.

Im saying I think that all the screaming about wanting this right and this right does no good on here. If people are doing the same in the real world, then great! But going on and on and on with the subject on here doesn't change any policy. If someone is for the constitution and you feel you are being gypped by the government, what do you really think you can do about it? I wish MANY thing would change in the government... but the true liberals are winning everyday in most of the battles. The US is becoming more and more tolerant of so many things. When will it ever really change? I don't think it will.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I suggest that everyone take a step back, walk away from the keyboard, and cool off for an hour or two. The discussion is not only WAY off-topic, but is becoming increasingly personal.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I see none of you doing anything about your "rights" being trampled on. You scream and cry on a webpage about it. Why are you not in DC marching and ranting? Why are you on the internet *****ing and moaning about what you think you don't have? You think your rights are trampled on here? Travel the world a bit and see how good you really have it.

Why not start donating money to fund group trips to DC to protest and try to get the freedoms you think you dont have back? No, you wont. Its easier to moan and complain on the internet instead of doing something about it.

I don't feel the need to pay my legislatures to follow the Constitution. We've also seen what happens when we all get together and go to D.C. to march and rant. The administration knows it's all we'll do, so they rammed the healthcare package down our submissive throats. Going to D.C. would accomplish little, if we go there only to rant and march.

Freedom is easy to measure, you either have it or you don't. It doesn't matter what state other nations are in. We are the United States, land of the FREE and home of the brave. That is still true with many Americans.

As would I, but every so often the adult who witnessed an mentally-retarded child playing in traffic needs to intervene.

Come on now, let's keep this civil. He is saying things we don't agree with, no big deal. Let's just show him the light and be courteous while we do it. Name calling will get us no where. Perhaps showing him the light won't either, but he does have a point about everyone being rude these days...

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Pilot; said:
    You guys want the wild wild west.

the wild wild west was much more civilized then most want to give it credit it for, I long for the return of respect that most had in the wild wild west.

An armed society is a polite society!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    At least there are some people in the government, even conservative republicans, who can think with reason and force accountability and structure on people. snip.

Force reason and accountability on people. The fact that your version of reason needs forced on people says much about what you think to be reasonable, and the fact that you think it should be forced on people says even more about where you stand on freedom and the Constitution.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Im saying I think that all the screaming about wanting this right and this right does no good on here. If people are doing the same in the real world, then great! But going on and on and on with the subject on here doesn't change any policy. If someone is for the constitution and you feel you are being gypped by the government, what do you really think you can do about it? I wish MANY thing would change in the government... but the true liberals are winning everyday in most of the battles. The US is becoming more and more tolerant of so many things. When will it ever really change? I don't think it will.

I think that it is good to get on here and hone our arguments. You never know when you are going to be confronted by an anti-gunner and have to defend your position. INGO is a great place to field test your opinions and see how they hold up to scrutiny.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    WOW. Censorship too. Why am I not surprised... :rolleyes:

Actually, Pilot, I was saying it was heading for closure because of the heated opinions aimed in your direction. I think you're far, far off base. I could not believe you to be more wrong than I do, however, we don't tolerate namecalling on here, and I've seen things headed that direction. I'm about to go look at page 7 after several hours of being away from the computer. If it hasn't improved and if none of the other mods have closed it, I'll be doing so.

For the record... Censorship is perfectly acceptable in a privately owned forum. If it's public, that's a different issue. If you don't like the rules, no one's forcing you to live under them. Feel free to start your own forum and set whatever rules you like.

I'd imagine, based on your stated opinions, that you would have few people from here coming to visit your forum.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom