• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I am a huge Sig guy. But also have 2 Glocks and one is a glock 19c and you will not be disappointed with that gun!

Allenicomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Carmel Indiana
    Personally, I love the Kahr's. I've carried pretty much everything one can sink into a holster and my absolute favorite carry weapons all seem to start with "K". Generally, I will be toting the PM9, P9, or PT 9 loaded with one of the excellent "tactical-defense" brands now availablle. My biggest concern is that they are so light and narrow, I fear I may forget I'm carrying if I ever got into a situation where I needed it. :)

Allenicomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Carmel Indiana
    Also, for "carry rig" check out the VersaCarry IWB. I purchased my first one a few months ago. Pretty much all I use these days. It weighs nothing and is absolutely the thinnest, concealable device (it's not really a holster) I've tried. You can find them by googling VersaCarry. I think I've ened up with 5 of them now for various guns.

gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The holster pictured is a venom concealment holster purchased from ZX guns in Fort Wayne. The holster is incredibly comfortable and fits well. It is IWB and you can tuck your shirt over your pistol. I wore just it all day yesterday without an undershirt and only had minor discomfort by bedtime

Dargo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    S. IN
    Also, for "carry rig" check out the VersaCarry IWB. I purchased my first one a few months ago. Pretty much all I use these days. It weighs nothing and is absolutely the thinnest, concealable device (it's not really a holster) I've tried. You can find them by googling VersaCarry. I think I've ened up with 5 of them now for various guns.

I have to agree with you on the VersaCarry. I have two holsters exactly as the one pictured and, for the life of me, I cannot get even remotely comfortable with those style holsters. Obviously, everyone is different, but IMHO it seems like I'd have to wear pants at least 2" to 4" too big to use my holsters like the Venom concealment holster. For me, it just feels like I have a brick shoved in my waistband.

Also, for laughs, I can tell you about my "Glock experience". For the first 10 years they were out, I wouldn't even put my hand out if someone tried to hand me a Glock. I called them 'Stupid Blocks' and the like. Then one day I got to reading about a bicycle that was completely designed for function over form. Hmm, the actual function of something being of more importance than it's physical form. Well, that sort of clicked with me and I made the mistake of renting a Glock (when nobody I knew was around) at a local range. Dang! My very first shot at a full 25 yards punched the center out of the bullseye! The rest of the time I spent trying to get the thing to misfire without any luck. I was sold. I've now owned at least a half a dozen Glocks for quite a while. Good luck with yours! And, for not much cost, you may want to give a VersaCarry a try. It's sort of like my Glock story; clearly designed with function over form.

Dargo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    S. IN
    Maybe I'll eventually become more comfortable but I don't like the idea of have the trigger unguarded in my pants

Its guarded. On a hiking trip I fell right on my firearm with a tree root directly impacting the trigger area. I hit hard enough to snap the trigger guard part off. I called Versacarry to buy a replacement part and they insisted on sending me an entire new unit! Even though I admitted it was my fault, they replaced it at no cost to me. A great product and superior customer service sold me!

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Glad to hear you made a decision on what YOU understood. I too carry Glock. Mines a Gen 4 17. I also carry a Gen 4 26 for IWB. The 17 is my duty pistol and its my SHTF (Stuff Hit the Fan) weapon of choice. By the way, :welcome: to :ingo:

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Glad to hear you found a firearm you like. I too carry a Glock 19 Gen 4, and love it. If you decide to try out other holsters I have found the N82 Tactical Professional to be very comfortable with or without an undershirt, is tuckable, allows you to adjust the cant, stays put, protects the firearm from perspiration, has positive retention, and conceals very well. You can wear it in almost any position, I tend to wear it in roughly the 3 o'clock position. I have also had very quick and positive responses from the company anytime I've contacted them with questions.

http://n82tactical.com/n82store/

I think you will be very pleased with your choice. Take care and be safe.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I felt the xdm compact and xds had a better feel in my hand than a glock or m&p. I have the Pearce pinky extension on both of them. They both conceal nicely, when I have the xds on I forget about it quite often. I carry iwb around 3'

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You've made your choice and, I think, a good one. But some of these comments really make me shake my head. My comment is mostly for the "smaller is better" carry crowd. Every handgun is a compromise and an IWB carry presents its own challenges. But if you took all of these guns to the range which one would you shoot the best? I bet it isn't that tiny one that you love to carry so much. I think in all of the discussion we sometimes lose the point of carry. If you had four or five guns to choose from to defend your life, how important would your comfort be? My EDC is fairly big and definitely heavy. But it shoots like a dream and I do very well with it. I do have a Smith snubby that I am getting better with. When I feel confident with it I will stick it in my pocket to run up to the store or other short trips. But for now the EDC goes where I go. Not that I really enjoy lugging it around. Its that I enjoy having the gun I shoot best with me all the time. When your life is measured in seconds an your pucker factor is at maximum clamp do you want that little gun in your hand or your favorite that when you draw seems to go right on target? For me, YMMV, if I ever get into that situation I want the one I don't ever really have to think about it is just dead on every time. There are days where I carry for an extended period of time and I am glad when I finally get home and can take it off. But I never consider changing because I carry to protect my life and I will take the confidence over the comfort. Good luck with carrying and shoot your EDC every chance you get. You should never go to the range and not shoot your EDC at least a few rounds. The more familiar you are with it the better it will serve you when it counts.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    You've made your choice and, I think, a good one. But some of these comments really make me shake my head. My comment is mostly for the "smaller is better" carry crowd. Every handgun is a compromise and an IWB carry presents its own challenges. But if you took all of these guns to the range which one would you shoot the best? I bet it isn't that tiny one that you love to carry so much. I think in all of the discussion we sometimes lose the point of carry. If you had four or five guns to choose from to defend your life, how important would your comfort be? My EDC is fairly big and definitely heavy. But it shoots like a dream and I do very well with it. I do have a Smith snubby that I am getting better with. When I feel confident with it I will stick it in my pocket to run up to the store or other short trips. But for now the EDC goes where I go. Not that I really enjoy lugging it around. Its that I enjoy having the gun I shoot best with me all the time. When your life is measured in seconds an your pucker factor is at maximum clamp do you want that little gun in your hand or your favorite that when you draw seems to go right on target? For me, YMMV, if I ever get into that situation I want the one I don't ever really have to think about it is just dead on every time. There are days where I carry for an extended period of time and I am glad when I finally get home and can take it off. But I never consider changing because I carry to protect my life and I will take the confidence over the comfort. Good luck with carrying and shoot your EDC every chance you get. You should never go to the range and not shoot your EDC at least a few rounds. The more familiar you are with it the better it will serve you when it counts.
    this is what i think as well, your already compromising with a pistol so you should carry the one you shoot the best, for me its a big steel pistol like the 1911 or the browning hi power.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    ^ I'm on board with this. It's tough. If you're new to carrying, and you choose a heavy and large gun, you may get discouraged and leave it at home. If you choose something tiny, you might not enjoy shooting with it as much.
    Glocks and XDMs offer compromise mid size and light weight options which can be fun to shoot and can be concealed nicely and fairly comfortably.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    To each their own. Carrying a heavy low capacity 1911 isn't for me. Sure I can shoot a 1911 better than most subcompact poly guns but on the street I don't expect to be shooting 20 yards. At 10 yards, I won't miss and I'll be comfortable all day wearing it.

Top Bottom