• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A new bill being intro'd by the people who brought us the indefinite detention bill (NDAA) will strip your citizenship from you, if the powers that be decide you're a "terrorist" or supporter of "terrorists". Even if you're a natural born citizen, they will strip your citizenship from you and then, using their recently passed indefinite detention bill, they can imprison you forever without a trial or access to lawyers. The coolest part of this is that you don't even have to be convicted of a crime. Neat how they come up with these things. Glad to see that the politicians in DC have such a love for freedom.

New Bill Known As Enemy Expatriation Act Would Allow Government To Strip Citizenship Without Conviction | Addicting Info

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    A new bill being intro'd by the people who brought us the indefinite detention bill (NDAA) will strip your citizenship from you, if the powers that be decide you're a "terrorist" or supporter of "terrorists". Even if you're a natural born citizen, they will strip your citizenship from you and then, using their recently passed indefinite detention bill, they can imprison you forever without a trial or access to lawyers. The coolest part of this is that you don't even have to be convicted of a crime. Neat how they come up with these things. Glad to see that the politicians in DC have such a love for freedom.

New Bill Known As Enemy Expatriation Act Would Allow Government To Strip Citizenship Without Conviction | Addicting Info

Is engaging in hostile acts against the United States how you define loving freedom? Really?

In its present form I see some unacceptable latitide for abuse. If they added an upon conviction provision I would support it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This will allow the "Only Citizens Have Rights" crowd to remain consistent and blind eye to violations of their countrymen.

373900_291225707581604_165801456790697_754487_1160614597_n.jpg

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I read through this. I don't think this is anything new and I don't believe this one is nearly as scary as the NDAA. It basically modifies an expatriation law that is already in play. It now includes "engaging in, or purposefully and materially supporting, hostilities against the United States". They make it less vague by defining hostilities "For purposes of this section, the term ‘hostilities’ means any conflict subject to the laws of war." This bill doesn't explicitly say anything about having or not having a trial or hearing. Not sure how this works anymore. Does that need to be guaranteed in the wording at this point or can we still reasonably assume the constitution applies unless otherwise specifically stated as in the NDAA?

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Is engaging in hostile acts against the United States how you define loving freedom? Really?

When the "United States" is really just a government that distorts and manipulates the Constitution to increase its own power, yes. Really.

In its present form I see some unacceptable latitide for abuse. If they added an upon conviction provision I would support it.

I'm sure it'll be fine, right up until it applies to you.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    The only terrorists that I personally know of, in Amerika are in Sodom-on -the Potomac. They continue to attack Amerika and all she stood for. I believe that these new laws should certainly pertain to them and their actions. Except that they always include a clause that exempts them. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    There are limits.

And soon we shall see them: ONE gun per house-hold, with 100 bullets. Why would you need more? And the Constitution means what SCOTUS says it means. Is that clear?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    It's obvious they're setting the table for the final meal their serving.

The .gov has done a masterful job of aligning themselves as THE United States of America. Anyone questioning what they're doing becomes labeled either an extremist or unpatriotic when they're the ones being unpatriotic! :n00b:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    It's obvious they're setting the table for the final meal their serving.

The .gov has done a masterful job of aligning themselves as THE United States of America. Anyone questioning what they're doing becomes labeled either an extremist or unpatriotic when they're the ones being unpatriotic! :n00b:

I'm a cynic, as has been discussed in another thread. I have believed, since nearly the first use of the term, that the real reason behind the government adopting a term as vague as "terrorist" is that eventually they could label anyone a terrorist. It hasn't taken nearly as long as I thought it would. Perhaps I'm not as cynical as I thought.

scttnieman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    southeast indy
    Hey I was watching this thing about nazi germany and how the nazi party came into power and it reminded me about what has been going on since oh fearless leader has become "president" :cough:dictator:cough:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hey I was watching this thing about nazi germany and how the nazi party came into power and it reminded me about what has been going on since oh fearless leader has become "president" :cough:dictator:cough:

This all started long before Obama became president.

Top Bottom