• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I could'nt get a totally comfortable grip on my Glock Gen 3 with the finger grooves so I finally took the plunge on my G23 Gen 3 and shaved the finger groves and also eased up underneath the rear of the trigger guard to allow more room for my middle finger and make it more comfortable and then added some texture to the grip.

I know this isn't the first time anyone has ever done this but think it turned out pretty decent for my first attempt. :popcorn:

g23gripjob.jpg

g23gripjob1.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks good so far. Dont over do it. Your work looks very clean from the photo. What tools did you use?

Mike
    Yeah I did'nt wanna get to crazy. I just used the standard dremmel and sandpaper to to do the shaping and a soldering iron to do the texturing. I did a random stipple to get the texture I wanted.

The whole job cost me about $20 and about an hour and a half of my time.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    It looks good! I thought about doing the sae to my G-26, but Justin the area that already has the texture. The goal being to give more of an aggressive grip to the area that already has the texture.

What is the thing on the tang?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It looks good! I thought about doing the sae to my G-26, but Justin the area that already has the texture. The goal being to give more of an aggressive grip to the area that already has the texture.

What is the thing on the tang?
    Thanks, I probably wouldn't have done it if it was a newer model Gen3 but the grips had a few scuffs here and there, nothing major so I figured "what the hec." I'm pleased with the way it turned out. The piece on the rear of the grip is a Grip Force Beavertail grip adapter.

Gripforce Products

That looks great!

Thanks Que. :yesway:

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I forgot to add! I put the sandpaper decal grips on my G-35 and love the feel. I am still trying to decide which is the best route for my G-26.
    Yeah I've used those before too and they work good. I think I used Talon Grips. I just wanted to try something more permanent.

Here's another pic that shows the texture a little better and also the Grip adapter.

I wanted to try and get a grip texture similar to the skateboard tape type so I did a more random stipple using a *tap *tap* *tap* technique at random with the soldering tip then after I was done I went back over it looking for any open areas and did some touch up *tapping.*

I like the results.

g23gripjobclose.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom