First AR, looking for input on hand guards etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    I agree with the Magpul suggestions. I have the MIAD grip, MOE handguards, and the CTR stock. I like the way they look and the way they feel. Especially the grip since you can change it around to make it fit your hand.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Hogue also makes a cheap and very comfortable grip. Magpul gear is always a good choice though.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Too bad you are 100 miles away. I could teach you to run that AR like a pro, or fairly close to it. Start with the basics. Go out with it as it currently is, run a few mags through it while concentrating on sight alignment/site picture, breathing and trigger control and follow through.

Do not run out and buy a bunch of stuff for it until you find out just exactly what that is currently on the rifle you do not like.

And skip the optics until you have mastered the irons.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I'm "old school" having shot my first M-16 back in 1974; but IMHO, put at least several hundred (if not more) rounds through it before you do anything. As several said above, learn to shoot it first. Know what it will do, where it will hit, how to clean it, etc., etc. Only then would I do any upgrades. Just my 2-cents, Grizhicks

Top Bottom