• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shopgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    John says approx 80 rifle, 80 pistol and 50 shot. Bring double to be safe. Chamber flags for your long guns. Some way to transport and organize your gear. 3 gun carts are great but the kids little red wagon will do to start. 4 or 6 round shotshell caddys, four would be good. Water, even though it will probably be cool you still need to hydrate. Knee and elbow pads, but you can always borrow, it's a good bunch of people here. Lay out your gear the night before. There is a lot of it and it's easy to forget something. Ask me how I know . and:welcome:

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Well, what do you have?

2X the amount of ammo that is recommended. 1 rifle mag for the gun and 1 on the belt. 1 pistol mag for the gun and 2 or 3 for the belt (depending on what division you shoot, you'll need more if you shoot a single stack) and a way to carry about 12 or so shot shells on the belt.

Just come to have fun. Anything that you dont have or forgot to bring? Come find me and I will hook you up with what you need.:draw:

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Good luck and have fun. Ive always wanted to try 3 gun but the logistics and gear always prevent me.

Update this post and let me know how it goes would ya?

Same goes for you. Come out with what you have. If you KNOW there is something that you will need ahead of time, let me know and we can get squaded together. You're welcome to use anything that I have until you figure out exactly what you need. Guns or gear. Doesnt matter.

I enjoy getting new shooters into the sport. Dont let "I dont think I have everything" keep you from a good time.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Same goes for you. Come out with what you have. If you KNOW there is something that you will need ahead of time, let me know and we can get squaded together. You're welcome to use anything that I have until you figure out exactly what you need. Guns or gear. Doesnt matter.

I enjoy getting new shooters into the sport. Dont let "I dont think I have everything" keep you from a good time.

And this right here is what makes our community/sport the best.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well, what do you have?

2X the amount of ammo that is recommended. 1 rifle mag for the gun and 1 on the belt. 1 pistol mag for the gun and 2 or 3 for the belt (depending on what division you shoot, you'll need more if you shoot a single stack) and a way to carry about 12 or so shot shells on the belt.

Just come to have fun. Anything that you dont have or forgot to bring? Come find me and I will hook you up with what you need.:draw:

The only thing I wouldn't borrow from this guy is advice!!

But seriously. This offer is open From myself as well. For anyone here. Get with Steve and or myself a week before (now) and let us know what you need. Anyone is welcome to shoot or use anything I have. Provide factory ammo and you're set. I realize this sport is expensive to play. But new people are what keep this sport growing and that's what it's all about.

So now that we took away all your equipment concerns I expect to get a bunch of messages from people eager to take us up on this.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    82   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Or if you want to shoot with the MEN & not the boys, I can set you up with Open division stuff. HaHa! But, if you really wanted to try this sport just bring ammo & you could borrow everything else.

Jchristopher

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    First timer at 3 gun

Like the others have said, just bring what you have I've never seen one one there go without because they didn't have it. All great people there and they will get you throught it. I will be there as well, and you're welcome to use what I have if the need comes. Enjoy....

JamieQ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    You won't be alone kimbercollector. A friend and I will also be heading that way for our first INMG match. Hoping to make the last two this year and be able to hit the ground running for the 2013 season.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have two rules for new shooters when I bring them out.

1. Don't get DQ'd.
    2. Have fun.

You can't have rule #2 if you fail at rule #1.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Video of First Shoot

Just noticed this thread. My son shot on the same squad as RePete and had a blast. Being a first time shooter (I was a the spectator) I can confirm that they are great people that will help out in any way to get you out there shooting. Its more about trying and improving than being the fastest. You learn a lot about equipment and your skills.

Here is a crappy video of the stages.

[ame="http://youtu.be/2Gnbdi8Keo4"]http://youtu.be/2Gnbdi8Keo4[/ame]

Top Bottom