• 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    They never do?

No never, being a firearms dealer is a business. No one goes in business to break even. They will be able to sell it for the same thing you would, but they have to figure in some profit margin and room for error in what they think they will get.

I guess I shouldnt say never, If the dealer is looking for that gun for his personal collection they might

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    take cash and an empty bookbag/knapsack.

if you are doing some serious shopping, take a pen and a small notebook to make notes for price comparison or reminders to return to a certain table.

empty bag is good yes. you can run out of hands real fast. keep cash in different places, like smaller bills in one pocket, larger ones in another.

as the others have said, might want to reconsider going at all. I prefer smaller local and regional shows myself. the timing of this show itself makes up my mind for me, its going to be NUCKING FUTS.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Ehhh I think I'm just going to stay home. Maybe I'll sell that WASR to someone here after a while. I'd get a bit less cash, but if I also buy here it would even out. I do like these forums, I've been a member of a few others and so far this is the only one where I haven't seen a bunch of snarky or elitist comments everywhere. Hoosier hospitality I guess!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Ehhh I think I'm just going to stay home. Maybe I'll sell that WASR to someone here after a while. I'd get a bit less cash, but if I also buy here it would even out. I do like these forums, I've been a member of a few others and so far this is the only one where I haven't seen a bunch of snarky or elitist comments everywhere. Hoosier hospitality I guess!

Oh, you just haven't seen them ....... YET!!!:D

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Ok, real advice would be bring a backpack in case you buy something as your hands fill up. One year I took two friends and before we left I had each one of them carrying a rifle or shotgun because I had 1k rounds of ammo in my hands. That was BEFORE the first Obama election and things were reasonable. I think I paid just under $400 for a WASR:n00b:

grayblaster1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    North of Lafayette IN
    Well how was it????? I went years back but it was over priced and just plane crap. But you could find almost any part that you might need... I have been lucky for the past 20 years and not needed any parts. So you guessed it I do NOT go the the 1500.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Do not bring a backpack! All those do is create problems for yourself and other people.

Besides let's face it you're really not going to do a whole lot of buying this show.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wear comfortable shoes. Parking will be distant enough that driving will be a small improvement over walking from home, even if home is in Ft. Wayne--and then you will be walking around inside on concrete floors all day.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    take cash and an empty bookbag/knapsack.

if you are doing some serious shopping, take a pen and a small notebook to make notes for price comparison or reminders to return to a certain table.

Good advise, cargo pockets are a plus, holster a gun you might trade, keep the ammo in your off pocket and a knife to cut the ziptie, just incase a dumb ask shows up. Just my .02

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    If you really just want to stick it to somebody, go ahead and go! Ask what ever you want for your rifle. You'll get a bunch of us that may laugh at you, you may get insults thrown at you, and you will probably find some idiot willing to pay your price!
    On the other hand, if you want a reasonable amount for it, stick around here, get your 50 post requirement out of the way or pay to become a site supporter and list it in the classifieds, make someone here a good deal, and perhaps make some new friends along the way.
    Either way, stick around. Pitch in with any knowledge you may have, learn a lot, have some fun, and as mentioned, make some friends. INGO is NOT just about buying and selling! Although lately it seems that's all some people come here for!
    In case no one else has said it yet...:welcome: to :ingo:

Could not agree more with this statement. While you could likely get more at the 1500, getting your 50 posts and selling on here will likely be more beneficial in the long run. The networking forumns, especially this one in particular, go a long way when you consider future transactions. Either way I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do with the WASR.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I say go, where else will selling a wasr for 1000 bucks be almost a sure thing. Then you dont have to mess with shipping, etc.

Finding ammo at a resonable price will be like finding a unicorn.

Take cash, vendors will give you a better deal with cash, and walk arounds typically dont take card

Can you really... REALLY sell a WASR for a grand there? I paid 300 a piece for mine.
    I just might be going to the 1500...:rockwoot:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I like to take a little peppermint oil to dab below my nose. And elbow pads. Ask for cash prices. Never offer full price. Get there early. If you want something specific move fast because the room fills up and it gets hard to scan tables. If you find something you really want for the right price get it then and there.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think it would be best not to go. Local gun shop says people come in before a show to see what they want ofr something...go to the show...then come back and buy whatever it is they have at the shop.

Things I buy are large batches of cleaning patches, bought a very nice leather belt last time. Bought a M1 that I probably shouldn't have as I paid too much for it. Bought a SKS there 5 yrs ago and got a smokin' deal on it. I'm 1 for 1 on gun deals.

As for trading it in. I once tried to sell a pistol there and was offered 300 for a gun that would have gone for 450 at the time I think. This was before things started shooting up. I believe this was in the 02-03 timeframe. Things since 08 has been nutz.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

I haven't seen any deals worth the drive, the parking fee, the entrance fee, and fighting the godawful crowd in a long time. If you must go and want to fit in, wear camo (better to not match pants and shirt/jacket), carry your AK over your shoulder (preferably with a bayonet attached) so you can be sure to whack somebody in the head, make a practice of standing in the intersection of two aisles talking to 4-5 other guys about how good the roasted nuts smell and the deal you just got on 100' of rope, and whatever else you do DO NOT SHOWER OR BATHE FOR AT LEAST TWO DAYS BEFORE YOU GO! For bonus points have a double helping of ham and beans the night before.

This one has the potential to be the worst ever! :noway:

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD

:patriot:This will be my first time up and around that area, mainly looking for reloading supplies. My son whom lives around Noblesville will be meeting me there, looking for AR barrel and a S&W MMP 9 MM fullsize pistol, I informed him good luck on the AR stuff. Question: INGO where will your table be located or number if you know yet, would like to stop by.:ar15:

TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    Will there be any dealers bringing any AR parts or complete rifles? I'm gonna go out looking this weekend to see what I can find but, my hopes aren't high. Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    re

I am going to this one just for the experience of it. who knows may find a deal I am not holding my breathe though.

:ar15:

Top Bottom