• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sci-Fi doing it again... spreading the Firefly Love, in large doses. I know there are a few fans here based on an earlier thread that someone else started so I figured I'd pass this along

From 8am to 4pm (E.S.T) Friday, June 6th (Today), they'll start with Jaynestown and run all the way through Objects in Space... in order!

If you'd like to thank them for this act of kindness and common sense, please feel free to drop them an e-mail at feedback@scifi.com . You know you want to...

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Every year or so, I go back through the DVDs and it makes me sad. With all the crap on TV these days, it would have been cool to have a couple shiny seasons.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I lean more towards Book. I want to know the backstory of his history!

TRIVIA QUESTION:: By the way, if you are a Jayne Cobb fan do you know what his mother's name is?

I've always been interested in Book's backstory. Everyone seemed to agree that "that's no shepherd!"

And Jayne's mom? Radiant Cobb of course! Knitter of fine orange hats! :thumbsup:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    If you know that you obviously consider yourself a loyal Browncoat! :wavey:

I would be proud to be considered a loyal Browncoat! :thumbsup:

Every time I watch Firefly I get angry. Angry at what Fox took from us. When you watch other sci-fi programs you see how things improve after a few seasons. Farscape, Star Trek:TNG, Stargate... you watch these programs after about 4 seasons in, and then watch the first couple seasons and it's amazing how it's changed for the better. The characters are more fleshed out, more comfortable in their roles, etc. Firefly was so good in only its first season that I feel cheated by not being able to see the characters and storylines grow and mature. It's a damn shame. :soapbox:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I would be proud to be considered a loyal Browncoat! :thumbsup:
    OK Browncoat, do you recognize the logo on these grips?
    1Esmeralda.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That's the Browncoat's Insignia if I'm not mistaken.

Technically no, but you are close, it is the logo that was on the Independent military flag. It was also used in various formats in a triangular patch that indicated soldier rank in the Independent Army. Now that said, many Browncoat organizations have adopted some version of that for their logo.

How about the other flag on these grips?
    AllianceXBrowncoats.jpg

I designed these grips and a copy of these grips were given as an award by the Austin Browncoats.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    The other flag is the mark of the Alliance. A merger if you will of the US and Chinese flags.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Now all you have to do is start up a Browncoats group out there and organize a Serenity Charity Screening at a movie theater! Do you post on any of the Browncoat boards? Listen to any of the podcasts? Have you gotten the latest comics?

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Are there more comics than just the ones that fill in between the series and the film? I have the trade book of those.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    There are 2 sets of 3 comic books that have been released. One last year, one over the last couple of months. The first was THOSE LEFT BEHIND, the recent set is BETTER DAYS. There is a 3rd set, presumably another 3 part set, scheduled for later this year that will focus on "Book" and his history.

Top Bottom