• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Your statement equates to an individual being tried for murder, because he killed a man who was the initial aggressor and attempting to do the same to him.

Mutual combat isn't necessarily criminal, as justification is a qualified and codified defense to such.

I'm not saying it wasn't justified just that he is capable of committing battery, I have been arrested for battery when I was attacked, not charged but still spent the night in jail.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    1. I have never been involved in a fight that would constitute a battery on another human being. In fact, the only fight I've ever been in where it wasn't someone else attacking me was when I was in the military, and trust me, the feeling was mutual (the result was also a draw).

2. Wrong. I'm not "capable" of a battery because I value my freedom too much to put my hands on another person. You're dead wrong about that.

3. It's not a life sentence to tell someone that they have to find another line of work. Someone who has shown the public that he is incapable of performing police work professionally and with respect for the rights of the citizens he is serving should never serve again.

The interesting thing about observing this from my perspective is that as much as we stuck up for each other in the military, if someone was a ****bag, we'd refuse to stick up for him and feed him to the wolves.

The problem, as I see it, is that even good cops will defend bad cops. This undermines the integrity of every police officer, because even the cops that know what happened is wrong won't stick up for what's right--they just continue to stick up for their fellow officers.

It makes me sick to see anyone defending this tyrant and it is appalling to me that he's not in jail. That's not even mentioning the immense cost to the taxpayers if and when he is sued.

Either you have committed battery in the past or you have not. It's like being pregnant (or so the wife says). You are either talking out of both sides of your mouth or you don't understand what constitutes battery, even after it has been explained to you in detail.

The officers who stood by didn't stick up for Officer Smoker. It could have been that they didn't see the entire incident and didn't react because they didn't understand exactly what was transpiring until it was over. Obviously you don't know just how hard officers are on fellow officers that prove to be dirty. I've witnessed officers restraining their fellow officers when they lost their cool and the officers restrained thanked their fellow officers later.

You place way too high standards on people, yet you admit that you have committed battery by engaging in fighting. Not everyone who engages in battery is arrested, even when the offense is witnessed by police officers. Not everyone who is arrested for battery (even though they technically committed the deed) is convicted. There are also defenses to the charge.

Juries rule based upon what is reasonable and what is unreasonable. Some folks are just unreasonable. As far as the word tyrant goes...Matthew 7:4 says it well.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Slap fight. Possible hair pulling.
    Nope...those would both be battery.

Unless it's female jello wrestling...

female_jello_wrestling_girls_09.jpg

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom