• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv1dGlSvAXs]YouTube - Fired officer quickly lands another job[/ame]

Interesting turn of events for a decen LEO who lost his cool (Cant blame him) and kicked the crap out of a 17 year old.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I dont see anything wrong with kicking the kids butt. You want to play badass and spit on the cop, be prepared to accept the prize that comes with it.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I dont see anything wrong with kicking the kids butt. You want to play badass and spit on the cop, be prepared to accept the prize that comes with it.

Yep, nothing quite like a police state where they act as legislator, judge, jury, and executioner. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    LEO shouldn't have been fired over one incident, few weeks at a desk and some counciling yes, glad he got a new job.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Yep, nothing quite like a police state where they act as legislator, judge, jury, and executioner. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know how personal responsibility escapes people like you and the up standing citizen that spit on the officer, I get it, I understand where you all come from.:rolleyes:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    He needs to find a new line of work.

Agreed. That's the real problem with these sorts of incidents. Nobody wants to tell a man that he needs to find another job, but that's exactly what has to happen.

Someone who pulls stunts like this shouldn't be counseled or taken off the street for a few days. They should be fired and never allowed to have a badge again, as well as have criminal charges filed.

If you or I did that to someone, we'd be in jail. This guy gets a free pass because he's a cop.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

:noway:

Communism was a great thing, huh :rolleyes:

Execuse me if I think every little gangster deserves what they get.
    Not being a "gangster err a" I dont see anything wrong with the bad guy getting his rear kicked.

When I think about all the people

killed
    raped
    robbed
    terrorized
    social/community destruction

kids like the one in the video cause, I dont feel the least bit sorry.
    But hey, I've also had great experiences with the LEO I've been in contact with, so no biggy.

What comes first the Law breaker or police brutality against criminals?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I know how personal responsibility escapes people like you and the up standing citizen that spit on the officer, I get it, I understand where you all come from.:rolleyes:
    Personal responsibility certainly seems to have escaped the pro-government cheerleaders here. I'm trying to imagine the consequences of my laying a beatdown on a teenager for spitting on me, and somehow I doubt it would stop at merely losing my job for a little while.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Getting spit on is assault and you can protect yourself too.
    Only with a reasonable level of force. Beating the hell out of someone who's handcuffed is not reasonable, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to take my chances trying to convince a jury that it is.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Personal responsibility certainly seems to have escaped the pro-government cheerleaders here. I'm trying to imagine the consequences of my laying a beatdown on a teenager for spitting on me, and somehow I doubt it would stop at merely losing my job for a little while.

The beat down was the effect of the spitting. Jr. didnt think it through before he did it. In my book Im ok with you or anyone else handing out the beatdown.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Spitting on someone is assault. When it is done to a LEO it becomes battery and is a class D felony if the person knowingly has HIV it becomes a class C felony.

I am not a LEO but if someone spits on me or uses any other bodily fluid to assault me we are going to have major problems I will defend myself. I would think that a LEO could defend himself when he/she is assaulted by a criminal the same as anyone else. :dunno:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The beat down was the effect of the spitting. Jr. didnt think it through before he did it. In my book Im ok with you or anyone else handing out the beatdown.
    I'm not, and I doubt I could find a whole jury who would be. Even the cop says he screwed up.

The first kick was enough. Or the first slap upside the head. I'm perfectly fine with that much as a response to spitting. But then the assault continues... and continues... It's egregious. It's unnecessary. It's excessive. Any fair-minded person should be able to see it that way.

Top Bottom