• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Got my Ruger SR22 yesterday, went into the back yard and lit a few rounds today. Shoots smooth, no hiccups, I'll have to work on the sights, though. It shoots ridiculously high. At 10 paces I was about 2 inches above the soup can. I was using Federal Lightnings. I'll have to get out the good targets and do some adjustments.
    But, all in all, I like the little pistol. :rockwoot:

cow35f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Mulberry, IN
    I got mine about 3 weeks ago!! It is not as accurate as my 22/45, but it is more fun to shoot!! I have had no problems and love the gun!
    :rockwoot:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Going back and forth on whether I'm going to get the SR22 or a M&P22. I was sold on the Ruger, but being that I have several M&P pistols, it seems the M&P22 makes more sense for me to get.

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    Love my SR22! Function has been flawless with at least 6 brands of ammo. Only complaint is the rear sight. I probably should be blaming old eyes and glasses instead of the sight but the notch on the rear sight appears to be about three times as wide as the front sight when I'm aiming. I wish Ruger would offer an assortment of rear notches to compensate for this problem. Otherwise the fun factor of this little gun is off the chart!

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    My Wife got purple SR22 for Mother's Day and absolutely loves it.

Was also first hand gun we let my son shoot and he hasn't shut up about wanting to trade his 10/22 for one since.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    2012-11-04_10-51-05_313.jpg

I sure do like mine. :) Even more, now that I've installed the Galloway Precision extra-capacity magazine followers . . . SR22 Performance Parts | Galloway Precision

2013-02-03_12-12-20_324.jpg

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    Going back and forth on whether I'm going to get the SR22 or a M&P22. I was sold on the Ruger, but being that I have several M&P pistols, it seems the M&P22 makes more sense for me to get.

Sounds like you need the m&p. I own a sr22 and have rented a m&p. I like them both, and you honestly cant go wrong with either of them but if you already have a slew of m&p pistols you might as well just add another. Makes practice cheaper (if you can find 22lr ;) )

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    :welcome: Just once? I had mine out a few times the first couple days I had it! Think I put close to 1000 rounds through it that weekend :draw:

Ahhh... I remember a time not so long ago that you could shoot 1000+ rounds of 22LR and not spend more that $25. Seems like those days are long gone. I checked that ammo site that advertises on here (Alamo I believe) and two 525rd boxes of 22 will run you about 260 before shipping.

But back on topic, glad you like your SR22... I DEFINITELY love mine.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Shot mine for the first time last weekend, and one trip to the range confirmed that it is my favorite 22 handgun I've ever owned.

Shot perfectly with the CCI's I was feeding it, but with the Winchester bulk pack ammo I had some instances where it failed to pick the next round up out of the mag and I just (clicked) on an empty chamber. I'll have to test a few brands of ammo and see how it does.

JoeWop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Westfield
    FTF issues

I had all kinds of issues with many different types of ammo with my SR22 and it FTF. It was a fun little plinker when it fired, but I spent too much time at the range trying to figure it out. Once my son decided to shoot my 9MM and loved it we were done with the SR22.

Top Bottom