• ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Ok so who has em?

My recurring nightmare is that someone is breaking into my house and I get my gun.... but my finger will NOT go into the triggerguard! I can ALMOST get the tip of my finger on the trigger, but not quite! God I hate that dream! :xmad:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    No mightmares for me.

I do dream about possible scenerios that envolve a "shoot or don't shoot" situation.

But I mostly dream about cheerleaders.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I used to have a dream/nightmare where I needed to shoot in self defense but I couldn't get the trigger to move. It was an AR15, and I would check the selector and find it set to "Fire", but the trigger was locked solid.
    I have heard that meant a reluctance to shoot another human being.
    But I haven't had that dream in a long time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have one every once-in-a-while that involves me dialing 911 but my fingers won't dial correctly. Its really frustrating. I'll dial 191 and 119 and then I can't find the clear button and it gets crazy.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm actually forbidden to talk about this board to one of the girls at work because she was having dreams of flying zombies attacking her house, and having to defend her dogs by shooting the zombies. :):

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I don't dream. Really.

I know that I dream as everyone does, but I do not ever remember them. Maybe 1-2 times a year do I remember a snippet of a dream. :dunno: I'm happy, or boring I have no idea which!:):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've had vivid dreams about firearms... Mostly just shooting to shoot although I've had one about shooting for defense...

Mostly I have wicked dreams. Laugh get it out now.:lmfao: Don't believe me, whatever.:dunno: But Most dreams I have seem to be premenitions(sp?) or dreams that ACTUALLY come true! Mostly just piddly stupid things like standing next to someone talking in a certain place or driving on a certain road doing a certain action, etc. :n00b: Some have actually been Dejavu (if you will) that have allowed me to change the course of the dream. Now how hard are you laughing?!?! Laugh it up but it's true I swear it. I hope that one day it saves my life or the life of my family or someone else. :thumbsup:

Anyone else have dreams like these? Or do you all dream about blasting away at the evil, fast running zombies out to eat your brains?:do2::rockwoot:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    In a similar thread on another board, several LEOs mentioned that their psychologists have suggested that these nightmares go away with additional training.

Next time, transition to your knife and try repeated stabs to the face. That usually does it for me.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Had a dream about being in some sort of sf unit in which I was carrying a vz. 58. We crawled through a tunnel for awhile and had a fire fight with quite a few guys then, For some reason the dream led the unit into a party that was just getting underway and I look back to see that everyone is hiding their guns and equipment so I run over to a corner and stuff my vz. 58 in to a duffle bag then everyone proceeds to party.... Weird....:cheers:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I used to have a reoccurring dream. I would be engaged with BGs, taking dead on, perfect sight picture, shots. The bullets would dribble out of the gun and land on the ground in front of me.

I haven't had that dream in years, but if I do again, I'm gonna try this...
    ...transition to your knife and try repeated stabs to the face.

I did figure out that, if in a bad dream, I could jump off of something high up and land in my bed awake (freaked out, in a puddle of sweat.) Of course, that would really suck if it wasn't a dream.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I've had one dream a couple of times that I was confronted by BG w/o my gun, tried to throw a punch but my arm wouldn't go forward. I've had it twice, and every time I wake up in a sweat because I couldn't defend myself. It was really odd.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I had one last night. The wife and I were going to Kroger. I was OCing the 19 and she had a .380 in her pocket. On the way in we got stopped by a cop that wanted to see our permits. As were are pulling our permits out the store manager comes out and says she doesn't want us there. So I tell her to F off and we leave.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Years ago when I used to only have my G23 I would sometimes dream of being in a "shoot-out" but the trigger pull was extremely heavy and it would cause me to make bad shots or no shots at all. At that time I really wanted to get a 1911... Now I acutally do carry a 1911-no more "heavy pull" dreams! Ive gotten a lot more used to the GLOCK trigger since then, but at that time it must have really bothered me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom