• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    My GF gave me 5 Bulgarian circle 10 mags, 10 USGI BAR mags, an M60 barrel bag and a 1917A1 tripod.
    She got a Winchester M1 carbine with ten 15 round mags and 2k of Carbine ammo.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    My wife and I have no children, and have been married for 27 years. Today is our anniversary. We don't exchange gifts, cards, or flowers, ever. Right after we got married we agreed not to give gifts for Birthdays, Christmas, Valentines Day, "Sweetest Day", anniversary's, along with all of the other gift giving holidays. I'm very lucky in that my wife is very practical and money conscious that way.

Then when we see something we like through the year, we simply buy it. It is unbelievable the amount of money you can keep in your pocket this way. Of course if you have children you MUST present them with gifts on Christmas and birthdays. Gift giving has, (in our opinion), gotten way too commercialized. Another huge advantage is neither of us are forced into shopping when all of the human cattle are there doing the same thing. We avoid shopping centers like the plague from Thanksgiving until after the first of the year.

Then my wife shops many of the "After Christmas" sales and finds far better deals on items, plus it doesn't take 4 1/2 hours to get through the checkout lines! All of our big ticket items were purchased this way. Big screen TV's, computers, (both desktop and laptops), appliances, etc. Most stores overstock and you can really get much better deals if you are patient and watch the ads in the Sunday papers in January and February.

Our current heating and A/C system is going on 13 years old, so we'll renew that this March before Summer hits with a much more energy efficient system, along with more insulation. Most people wait until theirs crap out, which usually happens in the dead of Summer. 13 Arizona Summers on a A/C system is over double the wear you get in a midwest temperate climate.

I think if I spent $100.00 on a dozen roses for my wife, she'd hit me over the head with them! As I said if you have children you can't easily do this sort of thing, but it has really worked out well for us over the last 27 years. Not to mention we never get those "unwanted gifts". Bill T.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I bought myself a GSG5 for Christmas because I saved up my change throughout the year for my wifes presents (she wanted an espresso machine and a decent coffee grinder.) My wife picked me up a few Dillon accessories I wanted to top it all off!

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    My dad received a Glock 21 from my stepmother. The best part is she is a professor at Ball State and pretty liberal. She simply called me and asked what gun to buy and when I could pick it up for her. He was surprised to say the least.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I got a new custom ordered Ted Blocker Miami Vice Classic Shoulder Rig for my Bren Ten
    MV001.jpg

MV005.jpg

Don Johnson would be very proud. The miami vice holster rocks,

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDQtMjAxMDEyMjUtMDkyNy5qcGc.jpg

Nothing like bullets for Christmas. It is kind of a joke between the wife and I. This year it was her turn to get a few for her gun. She got me Zombieland on DVD and a sweatshirt. Still kinda gun related since everybody knows that Zombieland gives us the rules we need to survive the coming apocalypse. Remember Double Tap! Oh and she bought me the sweatshirt one size to big. Figured I might want it a little loose and long in case I needed to wear something under it.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I made out pretty well this year. The wifey got me the weaver 1-3 scope I wanted to put on the 1894 to replace the pine ridge one that is calibrated for 44 mags. I got an awesome hunting knife my wife's uncle made for me, and a nice gander giftcard from my wife's parents.
    -0h, almost forgot that my one year old niece got me some .243 ammo too :)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well, I didn't get anything too exciting gun related. I'm in the process of doing an SBR AR15 so I got a carry handle scope mount(don't have all my parts yet but the SBR upper will have a fixed carry handle), a Coyote Tan Condor Cobra single point sling, an AR multi-tool, and a vltor HK type sling endplate. Got some Shoot n C targets and some life size deer targets. Got a Dunham's gift card that might go towards ammo, a scope for my .22, or maybe a 91/30. I bought myself a CZ 82 that I need to get some pics of but I've been sick the last few days and don't really feel like it.

My brother used some of his Christmas money to go towards a Draco. We're really wanting to go out and get some rounds down range with that and the CZ 82.

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    Here's mine from my wife. It's a Rock River Coyote, with a ARS stock that I added. I have a Bushnell 3200 scope for it but haven't gotten the rings yet. I'm looking forward to shooting it.....

035.jpg

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I got 300 rounds of 45 ACP, targets, and an Elmore's gift certificate (M&Pc night sights are definitely on the plan for this week). Santa also bought my daughter and I Nerf dart tag so it's about to get interesting around the house!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I got an original nickle finish Colt Series 70 1911 from my father. I have been trying to buy that from him for 8 years now!

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, the last sister in my wife's family got into town tonight...we weren't allowed to open all of our presents until everyone was together. I got my last present tonight...an eight rifle gun cabinet.

Top Bottom