• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordtuff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    In this thread we share stories or pictures involving guns that really made you angry. Ill start- I was at a friends house and was showing him the pictures of the mosin nagant I bought after my 18th birthday. His mother came up behind us and look at the picture. She gave me a really dirty look and told me that AK47's were really dangerous and could go off without warning. She then told her son that he was not to go out shooting with me. :xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why did that make you angry? I would have ROFLed. Mosins aren't even that evil black color!

Someone mistook my XD for a Glock once. That's as close to :xmad: as I've gotten, but I :rolleyes: instead.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Well we've probably all been asked. "Why do you need to carry a gun?" We'll if you have to ask that there is no point in me wasting my time to explain it to you, you ignorant ass.

fordtuff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Why did that make you angry? I would have ROFLed. Mosins aren't even that evil black color!

Someone mistook my XD for a Glock once. That's as close to :xmad: as I've gotten, but I :rolleyes: instead.

I tired to explain it to her but she was havin none of that lol :rolleyes:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It was a bit disconcerting, to say the least.
    Luckily, the BFF had my back and shouted down the RO (Bob) to bring things back to cease fire and a cold range.

Were you wearing really good camo? Or park in the RO's favorite spot or something?

I hope he gave himself a -1.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well here's one for you all. My brother and I were at Crosley, walking down to the end of the 200yrd range to check and paste the target. When My brother get's hit once or twice with a .22 shrapnel. Some "Daddy" was "teaching" his daughters on the 100yrd range. It seems he could not read the sign that said "No Mid range Shooting". Fortunatley my brother only had some nice red marks to show for the incident no penatration and no trip to the Hospital! :xmad:

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    Watching my buddy out of the corner of my eye have a problem loading my P-22. I turn to see what the problem might be to see him repeatedly try to shove a PK-380 magazine BACKWARDS into my P-22. :xmad: This resulted in the pistol slam-firing randomly...:n00b:

Needless to say, the P-22 had to go back to S&W for repair.
    They turned it around in less than 2 weeks at no charge, so +1 S&W Customer Service!

fordtuff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Well here's one for you all. My brother and I were at Crosley, walking down to the end of the 200yrd range to check and paste the target. When My brother get's hit once or twice with a .22 shrapnel. Some "Daddy" was "teaching" his daughters on the 100yrd range. It seems he could not read the sign that said "No Mid range Shooting". Fortunatley my brother only had some nice red marks to show for the incident no penatration and no trip to the Hospital! :xmad:

Idiots are always on the prowl it seems. :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In this thread we share stories or pictures involving guns that really made you angry. Ill start- I was at a friends house and was showing him the pictures of the mosin nagant I bought after my 18th birthday. His mother came up behind us and look at the picture. She gave me a really dirty look and told me that AK47's were really dangerous and could go off without warning. She then told her son that he was not to go out shooting with me. :xmad:

Don't sweat it. You will encounter people who don't like guns. Don't lose your cool and don't get defensive. They have the right to their opinion and you have the right to simply ignore them.

Well I could see that. Both are evil, black bricks that lack style and character. :D

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I was at Knob Creek Range a number of years ago, two dufus' (dufii?) start walking down range without a clear. We yelled at them to get back to the line, they said "well y'all are shootin' over there!" (this was before RO's)

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Well when i was about 13 or 14 my brother and i decided to shoot some birds with a shotgun, the problem was when he pulled the trigger, my left leg started to hurt. I was about 6 inches to his right, and took 9 pellets in the leg, while he didn't get touched, ricocheted off something. Lucky for me they didn't go very deep, but it did scare me pretty good. I didn't get mad at him, i was just mad i was the only one that was hit. It took me until we removed the pellets to get over it, but i love bringing it up, you know, "at least i didn't shoot you" I think he still feels bad 25 years later.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    A few months back, I loaned my Mosin to a classmate. Neither of us were school kids, and he's a veteran with extensive firearms experience. He even owns a Mosin of his own. He needed my rifle for a class project (a firearms forensics class). We'd been shooting before and he knew how to care for his weapons (I thought).

When I got the rifle back everything seemed fine. It appeared clean and there was a light coating of oil on visible parts. I put it away with confidence. Two months later I puller it back out and the bore was solid rust. My bore snake could hardly penetrate the corrosion and my need to be replaced. I asked after what he used to clean it and apparently a couple swipes of breakfree doesn't neutralize the residues of corrosive ammo. Whoda thunk it? Normally I might say it's just a Mosin but this one is a 1926 hex receiver ex-dragoon. Still not super special but not one that comes down the pipe everyday. I evebtally got it sorted but there was some minor pitting as a result.

Top Bottom