• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So an old friend from my wild days finally stopped by my house for a bit of a soiree last weekend. I dont think he has ever been here in the 12 years we've lived here. (Iv'e always gone to him or a mutual friend's house) Because of this he brought me what appears to be a fine bottle as a housewarming gift. I am unfamiliar with this brand, and was hoping INGO could help. Given the fancy spelling, I assume it is VERY classy and refined.

What food do I pair this with? Do I need to uncork it and let it breathe? is there a particular temperature range I need to serve it at? Do I need any special glasses to serve it in? Questions, questions, questions.

If anyone can tell me, INGO can.

IMG_2781.JPG

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Isn't this basically a yuppy beer?? Open a bag of pretzels, pop the top and put your feet up and watch some TV. :alcoholic:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Given the color and the word "malt," I would guess it's similar to a fine scotch. My suggestion would be to find a local park bench or alleyway and compare tasting notes with someone pushing a shopping cart.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I love Olde English, it is great with PIZZA!

I rarely drink alcohol of any type,meds and other issues, but when I do I want the BEST!

OLDE ENGLISH 40OZ does the trick for me. :alcoholic:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So an old friend from my wild days finally stopped by my house for a bit of a soiree last weekend. I dont think he has ever been here in the 12 years we've lived here. (Iv'e always gone to him or a mutual friend's house) Because of this he brought me what appears to be a fine bottle as a housewarming gift. I am unfamiliar with this brand, and was hoping INGO could help. Given the fancy spelling, I assume it is VERY classy and refined.

What food do I pair this with? Do I need to uncork it and let it breathe? is there a particular temperature range I need to serve it at? Do I need any special glasses to serve it in? Questions, questions, questions.

If anyone can tell me, INGO can.

IMG_2781.JPG

You might need special glasses to see with after drinking that stuff. We use that for furniture polish

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It has a extra "E" after the word "old". Also added quotes around "800" denotes special reserve I believe.
    If they can afford extra bottle lettering just thrown about, by gum, it must be some good stuff.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Not sure about the food pairings, but if you have some crack to smoke with it, you should be set.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, I got curious, so I broke the seal.

No, its not furniture polish. At least it doesnt taste or smell like it.

Surprisingly its not half bad. Its not half good either. :):

I'm not about to finish the entire 40, but I'll probably get it down to the top of the logo before calling it quits. (I have to work tomorrow)

I can say it doesnt clash with the bowl of Doritos I have next to me. But not sure it goes with anything really. Maybe a cheap Waffle House steak?

Oh, and after the first swig I remembered the paper sack. I did notice a slight improvement in the drinkability after properly encasing the bottle.

Top Bottom