• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thats a very good idea. Im one of the lucky few who has a girl that would probably shoot more than me. But just ease her into it, dont try and overwhelm her with it. Good luck.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Good plan- it's a cool thing to enjoy together. Just try to make it mostly fun and interesting (safely of course). The one thing that bothers me about my husband is when he tries to give too much advice, watches me, gets impatient, etc. If I'm not hitting well that day, he says stuff like, "i don't know what you are doing wrong." I just shrug it off as having an "off" day when i don't do well, and i'm already going over it in my mind, he just makes me annoyed. To be fair, he is critical of himself too, and gets really upset when he has an off day. I saw another husband doing that at the range recently. I am not new to guns, but his wife is. He was just really being overly anal about the whole thing. I'm sure it was not fun to her! Being outdoors, shooting, learning new things, spending quality time together=:rockwoot:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hmm... Does she enjoy loud noises?

No?

Excellent.* ;)

*Perfect justification to buy "her" a new suppressor.* :evilangel:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Thanks for your comments. This site may even halp me with my computer skills.
    hopefully it can hElp with your spelling too lol. welcome to ingo. do you go out to fcvcc to shoot? that is where i taught my g/f that shooting is awesome. we started with a 22 pistol and now she won't leave my 9mm alone. it gets costly ammo wise but the smile on her face after is well worth it:rockwoot:

Landon500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anderson, In
    My spelling might not get any better, i'm trying to concentrate on where my finger goes on this keyboard. I was there last weekend with my son, he bought his first gun and wanted to try it out before returning to school.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Thanks for your comments. This site may even halp me with my computer skills.

halp.jpg

No worries, we're here to halp. :)

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    What I did with my wife, was finally talked her into going to the range with me. I made sure to take a variety of guns so that she could find out what she likes and doesnt like. I took more of the smaller calibers, so that she wasnt intimidated by them, she loves my walther p22. I now take a full 333 bulk pack (at least when we go, and she it will usually get emptied out.) But as others have said you have to make it comfortable for her to shoot. I got both of us some electronic ear muffs. so we can easily hear each other, I give her tips and some lessons and let her shoot. I never criticize her, That just turns her off. We always go through safety though. I teach her how each of the guns work and let her load her own mags, I help of course. And now she knows what she likes and doesnt like and we enjoy going together. We usually spend about 3 hours at the range when we get to go.

If you dont have many guns you can always ask on INGO. I have seen more than once where INGO members have met at a range and let each other shoot the others firearm, and helped learn. This is a great way to meet some new people interested in the same things you are, and it could help your wife see that shooting sports can be fun. These are a great group of people.

P.S. welcome.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I had the exact opposite issue with my wife. She tends to claim anything I bring home that isn't a rifle. So I would say be careful what you wish for. Women also tend to be better shots. It's cute the first time they shoot a sub MOA group. Not so cute when it's a smaller group than yours.

I have converted a couple anti gunners. I normally take a firearm of their choice and a couple .22's. Then move up from there.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Good luck

My wife despises my gun interests. She is so anti gun that I cant get her to look at my guns. This only good thing about this is I can a brand new AR15 & walk through the house abd she simply turns away. She never asks where did you get that as she doesnt know what I have other than its too much.

Top Bottom