• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • feriil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Does anyone here shop in the gunshops or pawnshops near Lafayette and have anything to say about them?

I've stopped into AZ Exchange once and RamZ's but they seemed priced a little high for the condition of the firearms. I like getting cheap project guns to work on and fix them up over time - gives me something to do in the winter, plus if I totally ruin them (happened before) I'm not out much.

Is there a source of used/abused guns in Flea Markets, other local gunshops or other places I don't know about? :dunno: Just trying to grab some info.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tippecanoe Sport Shop/Walker's occasionally has some old beaters for less than $100. Anything particular you're looking for?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    You can check out Ace & Rico at

415 N Earl Ave STE 2
    Lafayette, IN 47904 .

Ace & Rico, LLC

They are open Friday, Saturday, Sunday only right now. They sell firearms but as far as I know they don't have old beaters in stock usually.

Applied Ballastics Systems Inc. at

3217 Olympia Drive Lafayette, IN 47909

ABSI

They are suppose to open their doors today and may have some information on the the products you are looking for.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Last fall I had a couple hours to burn and hit a couple gun shops in lafayette and was pretty underwhelmed with what I saw. Who has a decent stock of pistols and black long guns?

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Last fall I had a couple hours to burn and hit a couple gun shops in lafayette and was pretty underwhelmed with what I saw. Who has a decent stock of pistols and black long guns?

None of them have an amazing selection. It is my most consistent complaint.

feriil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    I went to ABSI on their opening day and they only had a few used guns up, still getting the stock out.

I checked in Tippy Sport shop, the guy there told me any guns that are project guns they strip and sell for parts or finish them there and sell them.

A-Z Pawn selection was horrid, prices were terrible. Never going back there forgot how bad it was. Nothing to see.

RamZ's actually had 2 beaters to sell, one was the OLD Marlin Model 99 (the Model 60 replaced it, the 99 has pretty much same internals but a walnut stock) and what appeared to be a Ted Williams model 34 semi auto .22 that can shoot S,L, and LR. Google did not help but it's rare for see a semi that can shoot them all. Prices were less than $100 for either, so not bad. Stilling thinking about that Ted Williams.

Just thought you all might like to know what's out there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom