• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Just finished and recieved my LTCH recently. Paid the local fee last wednesday and recieved the license friday of the same week. L1 option is the way to go guys, seriously. 2 day turn around need i say more??

but anyway got that all laminated and ready to go. goin to cabelas to pick up a nice new Glock 23 on friday. Yep i'm joining the Glock family as a first time gun owner :rockwoot:

they have the G23 for $60 off retail can these past 2 weeks get any better?? haha

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Just finished and recieved my LTCH recently. Paid the local fee last wednesday and recieved the license friday of the same week. L1 option is the way to go guys, seriously. 2 day turn around need i say more??

but anyway got that all laminated and ready to go. goin to cabelas to pick up a nice new Glock 23 on friday. Yep i'm joining the Glock family as a first time gun owner :rockwoot:

they have the G23 for $60 off retail can these past 2 weeks get any better?? haha

Whats retail?

The 23's run around 489.00 around here.

I knew I should of went the L1 option.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    welcome to the club neighbor! i'm hiding in the bushes just across town in griffith. the guys at cabelas will treat you well! beware of the 25 dollar transfer fee i think they charge though.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    BTW I apologize for being ignorant to the L1 opt. I have my LTCH but I don't remember what the L1 and the L2 opt. is.

idk about L2 but the L1 is a private finger printing service that takes ur prints digitally so when you leave your appointment your prints are pretty much on file and ready to go which makes the whole process a million times faster cause there is no mailing and money orders involved.

anyone gettin their license should hands down go for the L1 option. ridiculously easy

Nick_ams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Ok so can someone chime in with more info on L1 option? where to go what to do and who does the digital scanning? wow thats fast service

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    welcome to the club neighbor! i'm hiding in the bushes just across town in griffith. the guys at cabelas will treat you well! beware of the 25 dollar transfer fee i think they charge though.

im definately gettin it at cabelas but just out of curiosity do you know what they reatail the G23 for at Blythes by you??

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Ok so can someone chime in with more info on L1 option? where to go what to do and who does the digital scanning? wow thats fast service

you should be able to do a search on here for L1 option to get the link to the site cause thats what i did. so you go to the website and fill out all the necessary info and pay the federal fee of $75 plus a $10 service charge. then you set up an appointment at a place that offers the printing service. (theres a list of locations you choose from, and you pick that and set up a date and time.) for me it was at a hotel about 20 minutes away from my house. (dont ask why a hotel it's a private service and idk why it was at a hotel.) so you just go to your appointment and they scan your prints digitally oppsed to the old school ink and paper. it's all done on a computer which is what makes the process so quick, cause your prints go right into file. so after you take care of that you just go to your local PD and pay the $50 fee just like you would normally. its just faster with the L1 cause by the time you pay local your info and prints are on file with the state so you dont have to do any of that at your local PD.

hope that explained it better :rockwoot:

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    this is really odd, My wife and I both filled out the online application and went to the city/county building in Indy and was printed both with the scanner (state) and ink (local) and it still took around 6 weeks to receive the lifetime paper.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    this is really odd, My wife and I both filled out the online application and went to the city/county building in Indy and was printed both with the scanner (state) and ink (local) and it still took around 6 weeks to receive the lifetime paper.

hmmm...you payed the $85 online??? you went to a seperate appointment for the scanner printing??? your local should have already had your info. did you get a reciept from the scanned printing??? when i went to local i gave them the reciept and when they called me back a few minutes later they already had my application info printed up.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    WOW, this L1, L2 stuff is strange to me. I went down to the Hancock SD. They filled out the paper work, took prints and handed me a package to mail to the state. I had my pink in about 2 wks.

Top Bottom