• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    The bill would only make it legal if you are on YOUR property.

Just FYI.

There are several good gun bills in the IN legislature (along with a couple nasty ones).

One allows you to leave your gun locked in your car on school property (SB319) another prohibits an employer from requiring you to disclose whether you own firearms, and then there is the firearms freedom act that states that anything manufactured in IN and stamped as such is exempt from the BATFE (which we know from Montana they don't care).

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Am I missing something? Why would it ever have been illegal to carry a gun on a snowmobile if you have a LTCH???

JCR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    I have removed the unrelated portions of the law. I haven't read the bill, but this is what the code currently says. This particular chapter is specific to offroad vehicles.

IC 14-16-1-23
    Sec. 23. (a) An individual shall not operate a vehicle under any of the following conditions:
    (9) While transporting on or in the vehicle a firearm unless the firearm is:
    (A) unloaded; and
    (B) securely encased or equipped with and made inoperative by a manufactured keylocked trigger housing mechanism.
    (b) Subsection (a)(9) does not apply to a person who is carrying a handgun if the person:
    (1) has been issued an unlimited handgun license to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2; or
    (2) is not required to possess a license to carry a handgun under IC 35-47-2-2.

Am I missing something? Why would it ever have been illegal to carry a gun on a snowmobile if you have a LTCH???

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    The Game Warden can arrest the guy who has ruined my deer hunting for the last three years. He rides around the woods and fence rows with a loaded .243 and a shotgun strapped to the front rack. Every time he spots a deer he takes off riding after it, and spends the day running the fence rows. He farms the ground next to where I hunt and ruins everyones hunting.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    The Game Warden can arrest the guy who has ruined my deer hunting for the last three years. He rides around the woods and fence rows with a loaded .243 and a shotgun strapped to the front rack. Every time he spots a deer he takes off riding after it, and spends the day running the fence rows. He farms the ground next to where I hunt and ruins everyones hunting.

Have you reported him to your local CO? next time take a recording of it as evidence too.:dunno:

Top Bottom