• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    After months of shooting my Mosin M44. I had decided to pull my 91/30 from the safe and shoot it. I first shot it with a Lacquer finsh round and then a Cooper wash silver tip. WOW!! I couldn't belive the differnce between to two, but my shoulder could. Ooch! A much heavier hit with the Lacquer finsh round then the Cooper wash round. Has anyone ever experniced that before?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    That's what I'm afraid of. :cool:

Could be worse. At least they're inexpensive, mostly.

After months of shooting my Mosin M44. I had decided to pull my 91/30 from the safe and shoot it. I first shot it with a Lacquer finsh round and then a Cooper wash silver tip. WOW!! I couldn't belive the differnce between to two, but my shoulder could. Ooch! A much heavier hit with the Lacquer finsh round then the Cooper wash round. Has anyone ever experniced that before?

Type of case shouldn't make any difference. Your lacquer coated round may have been an overload or the powder was going bad. One could have been heavy ball, the other light. Recoil with the heavy ball tends to be a little more stout. Got any pics of the unfired rounds and headstamps?

Top Bottom