• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've had an iPad for well over a year and switched to an iPhone 5S a few months ago which both contributed to my decision to buy a MacBook. I've owned a number of laptops and none of them were worth 20% of what I paid for them a year later (literally or figuratively), I'm confident this machine is much better money spent.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bought a 5 year old non pro macbook for my daughter last Christmas. Unless they looked like they were drug behind a truck, they sold for $400+. They hold their value well.

Adjust your icloud setting on all devices to coordinate what you want. I can enter something on one device and be able to see it on all of them. 1 downside is my wife putting my daughters menses schedule in the calendar. I don't need to be reminded of that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah. On a mac it's control-click if you're using an Apple mouse. I don't care for the Apple mice. Not very ergonomically designed for people who use computers a lot and are prone to carpel tunnel syndrome. You can use any mouse with a right button and right-click will work.

Or, if you're using a trackpad you can set it up to use one of a number of gestures to mimic control-click.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I fell in hate with Apple upon encountering the first macintosh version. I well remember sitting there swapping floppies about 10 times to boot up and get macpaint running. That and the computer press was in a constant state of hipstergasm over the things. I guess they're better now, but I never cared. The only Apple product I have is the iphone 4S I got because it was $1.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I fell in hate with Apple upon encountering the first macintosh version. I well remember sitting there swapping floppies about 10 times to boot up and get macpaint running. That and the computer press was in a constant state of hipstergasm over the things. I guess they're better now, but I never cared. The only Apple product I have is the iphone 4S I got because it was $1.

The early PCs weren't all that great either. My first PC came with no operating system. Had buy it. Install it. And then had to configure EVERYTHING!

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Yeah. On a mac it's control-click if you're using an Apple mouse.

Huh? My Apple Mighty Mouse on my iMac right clicks even though it has the one button look. Says the k-base, specifically PH14308 - OS X Mavericks: Right click, you can set that up through Mouse preferences (or Trackpad for the aforementioned 2 finger tap).

And to OP, good choice, and ignore the haters. Also, seriously consider the AppleCare plan for that computer. 3 years of warranty and phone support is worth the price.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh? My Apple Mighty Mouse on my iMac right clicks even though it has the one button look. Says the k-base, specifically PH14308 - OS X Mavericks: Right click, you can set that up through Mouse preferences (or Trackpad for the aforementioned 2 finger tap).

And to OP, good choice, and ignore the haters. Also, seriously consider the AppleCare plan for that computer. 3 years of warranty and phone support is worth the price.

Well there you go. I tried using one of those mice and I hated it, apparently enough not to bother learning how to use it. Wrap your hand around a good, ergonomically designed Logitech, and it's like, "ahhhh. relief."

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Well there you go. I tried using one of those mice and I hated it, apparently enough not to bother learning how to use it. Wrap your hand around a good, ergonomically designed Logitech, and it's like, "ahhhh. relief."

I use a Logitech Wireless Trackball on my PC, and to give it up you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. I looked into ordering one for the Mac, but they're apparently out of production and go for upwards of $400 NIB on Amazon and almost that much used. I'll stick with the one work gave me, thank you very much.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I use a Logitech Wireless Trackball on my PC, and to give it up you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. I looked into ordering one for the Mac, but they're apparently out of production and go for upwards of $400 NIB on Amazon and almost that much used. I'll stick with the one work gave me, thank you very much.

I'll take "reasons not to buy apple" for $400, Alex.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Good Lord, Cory is asking for some FRIENDLY advise and you don't hesitate crapping all other this thread. He didn't ask, "What were your previous negative experiences with your Mac?" or "Why do you hate Macs?" or "Why should I give a **** that you hate Macs?"

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Good Lord, Cory is asking for some FRIENDLY advise and you don't hesitate crapping all other this thread. He didn't ask, "What were your previous negative experiences with your Mac?" or "Why do you hate Macs?" or "Why should I give a **** that you hate Macs?"

Well.... I... Hmm. You're right. Just a little friendly ribbing.

I'll shut up now.

Top Bottom