• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Nice one! Ok- I'm a noob (haven't hunted for many years, just got back into it due to my 10 year old son)...

How do you score it?

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This buck was killed about 300 yds NW of where we set up the targets on the long range. I just got back from the taxidermist, and the final green score was 138 3/8th's.
    Nice! looks can be deceiving in pictures.

Nice one! Ok- I'm a noob (haven't hunted for many years, just got back into it due to my 10 year old son)...

How do you score it?
    measure inside spread, measure length of each beam, measure length of each point and measure circumference of main beams at various points between each tine. Add them all up for a gross score. This is the number I like to use because in my opinion if a deer can grow, he should score it. The clubs that do official scores will deduct inches for "imperfections" in the rack. (i.e. If the first tine of the left side is 6" and the first tine on the right is 5", they will deduct 1" of score from the total at the end because its not "perfectly symmetrical). After deductions, you are left with the Net score which is the official score in the record book. Kind of dumb but its their club and theirs rules.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Nice! looks can be deceiving in pictures.

Thats a fact. I had a buddy send me a picture of a buck I swear would go 170. It was nice enough I hoped in the truck and headed to his house. It was a nice buck, but when I saw it I knew we were talking 140's (absolutely nothing wrong with that) not 170's

bowtech83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2014
    Muncie
    Congrats Alan....we met at the 2013 Indy gun and Knife show in January or February I believe at your booth! Congrats on the buck!

Top Bottom