• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I finally got the XDs tonight :rockwoot: put 50 rounds through it tonight and let me just say the gun works flawlessly :yesway:. It shoots like a dream for a sub compact 45. Defiantly giving the props to Springfield on this one :yesway:

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I love my XDs especially with the extended magazine, it fits my hand better by allowing me a full grip. :draw:

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The more talk about the XD-S makes me wanna not wait for the 9mm....sigh

honestly i was in your same situation and was waiting for the 9mm, but i decided what the heck why not give the 45acp a try and i am so glad that i did. Its just amazing having that 45 power in such a small package. Just my two cents though :yesway:

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    I had an opportunity to shoot an XDs (45) over the weekend, family member came over with a brand new shiny box he was itching to shoot.

I personally put about 10 rounds through it, and other than kicking like a mule i liked it, no ftf/fte/etc. I had been looking at either this or the XDm to replace my edc.

I was watching him shoot it, Failure to feed, Double Feed, stove pipe, etc.

It didn't do it for me, I'm guessing he was limp'ing it or holding it odd. I'm withholding judgment for now, but I'm taking a step back on my curiosity here. I'll need to have him over and put a couple more boxes through it before I'm sold.

He gave himself a nasty slide bite too, I'm thinking it was just the shooter

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    i was looking at the extended mags but i just wasn't sure if they would be worth it, but who knows i might get one soon to try it out. :dunno:

It made a significant difference in how the gun feels and also gives me more control over the recoil. By far the worst part of the extended magazine is the $40 price!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I've been debating a 45 but I fall into that "it's another round to buy". I have always liked the 45. Hmmm. I dunno LOL. Ill probably just wait it out unless someone I know gets one and I test it myself.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I found the very pistol to be accurate and the recoil is not bad at all. I felt the recoil is less than a S&W J-frame Airweight. If you like XDM's you will love the XDS.

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I had an opportunity to shoot an XDs (45) over the weekend, family member came over with a brand new shiny box he was itching to shoot.

I personally put about 10 rounds through it, and other than kicking like a mule i liked it, no ftf/fte/etc. I had been looking at either this or the XDm to replace my edc.

I was watching him shoot it, Failure to feed, Double Feed, stove pipe, etc.

It didn't do it for me, I'm guessing he was limp'ing it or holding it odd. I'm withholding judgment for now, but I'm taking a step back on my curiosity here. I'll need to have him over and put a couple more boxes through it before I'm sold.

He gave himself a nasty slide bite too, I'm thinking it was just the shooter

Hmm, im sorry to hear about all that. Personally i've had about 250 rounds through mine so far and haven't had any problems what so ever. Im not trying to make excuses but maybe it had to do something with the type of ammo he was using or even maybe just limp wristing it or idk. But so far it gone great for me :dunno:

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    New xds owner

75 + mixed rounds in the same mags and not one failure today... 10 yards shoots as good as my champion springer 1911..... So far I love it!!!

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    This is one I am looking at for an EDC. I really like the 45ACP. My Glock 19 is being inherited by my son this weekend and my Beretta Border Marshal is a little to big for an EDC.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I shot one today at the club. (Thanks, Justin) It was accurate and small, but just not my cup of tea. At the MSRP, I'd have to say no, but if you can get one for $550 (which is what I was told is the street price), you're into Glock territory, so go for it.

My hands just didn't care for it, but they're used to J-frame grips. Recoil-wise it was slightly less than my Chief's Special. Three-dot sights are a plus. Accuracy was right there, too.

I liked shooting it, but not enough to take the plunge...

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I took my XDs out today for the first time. I ran 150 rounds with no malfunctions. It is replacing my xdm as edc.

What holsters are you guys using? I don't mind the kydex holster that comes with it for open carry but would like to get a nice iwb also.

Top Bottom