• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I finally ran out of excuses and bought a Kimber. I research things to death before I purchase and the ladies (better half and our 4 year old) of the house finally said they were tired of hearing about this Kimber and not actually seeing it in the safe. With that, I went on the hunt for the Kimber Pro CDP II and found one new and local so here she is. I've already changed out the wooden grips with these frag grenade pattern grips from DURA Grips Home Page (I actually found them on ebay). I like the look better then the rosewood grips that came with the CDP (personal preference I guess). I had it out today and put about 150 flawless rounds through it and I'm very happy with it so far. It's my first 1911, my first .45, and my first gun over $700 so this Kimber represents some milestones for me :laugh:

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Good score, but IMO the grips are not in keeping with the aesthetics of that particular gun. It's a bit like putting Wal-Mart tires on your Porsche.

To each his own. I have a pair of $12 black rubber grips on one of my comparable 1911's. I like the grips and they work for what I use that gun for. One of the great things about 1911's is YOU can make it exactly what YOU want.

GUNFIGHTER01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    laporte
    i know exactly how he feels i just recently purchased my first kimber and i did a ton of reserch before i got mine but i couldn't be happier.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have had a Pro Eclipe II Target for about six years and never a problem with it. I enjoy the Commander sized guns. Congratulations on the new gun.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Congratulations... And I disagree about the grips... They make it look different, but, they don't look cheap...

Top Bottom