• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I've been looking for something that will allow me to keep my pistol comfortably close while traveling in the car. Been noodling this idea for a while and didn't see anything that really did what I wanted.

After some recent news stories, and some "in my garage" drawing practice for speed and tactics...keeping it on my hip while in the car just didn't fit my safety goals. I didn't want to stick it under the seat, in the side door, attach it under the steering column. I wanted it to be right by my right hand where I could easily draw, quickly and without telegraphing. A while back I had seen a sticky nylon type pocket carry holster; It didn't have any rigid surfaces on it and the exterior had a ruber type grip that held it in place.

I picked up one today to see if it retained my pistol when wedged between the seat and center console and could hold it tight while traveling. Works like a charm, quick easy draw, stays in place, doesn't scratch up the side of my center console, and keeps it right where I want it.

This one was the Remora concealment holster, low profile no-clip IWB holster, left handed (because it has a sweat guard that comes up a bit higher and helps protect my 1911 from scratches or contact with hard surfaces). While a lot of people have something already that works, I thought I would post this here for anyone still shopping for ideas. It was a very inexpensive fix to my problem. There are probably other brands with the same type of holster that would do the same job, I didn't care about the label (other than made in USA) just the function.

carholster1_zpsa7f2d37b.jpg

carholster2_zpsb09d62c1.jpg

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've been looking for something that will allow me to keep my pistol comfortably close while traveling in the car. Been noodling this idea for a while and didn't see anything that really did what I wanted. After some recent news stories, and some "in my garage" drawing practice for speed and tactics...keeping it on my hip while in the car just didn't fit my safety goals. I didn't want to stick it under the seat, in the side door, attach it under the steering column. I wanted it to be right by my right hand where I could easily draw, quickly and without telegraphing. A while back I had seen a sticky nylon type pocket carry holster; It didn't have any rigid surfaces on it and the exterior had a ruber type grip that held it in place. I picked up one today to see if it retained my pistol when wedged between the seat and center console and could hold it tight while traveling. Works like a charm, quick easy draw, stays in place, doesn't scratch up the side of my center console, and keeps it right where I want it. This one was the Remora concealment holster, low profile no-clip IWB holster, left handed (because it has a sweat guard that comes up a bit higher and helps protect my 1911 from scratches or contact with hard surfaces). While a lot of people have something already that works, I thought I would post this here for anyone still shopping for ideas. It was a very inexpensive fix to my problem. There are probably other brands with the same type of holster that would do the same job, I didn't care about the label (other than made in USA) just the function.

:postpics:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I do the same thing already. I just don't have a holster there. Which is not always great but I can't stand sitting in my car with one of my larger guns because you can't access it and the holster and seatbelt dig into my hip. I have some extra leather laying around so I may just make a holster for this purpose now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My thanks as well. Not sure if it'll work for me, as my bucket seats are pretty tight against the console, but I'm going to look into it to make sure. Looks like a great idea!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have been doing the same thing with my Walther P99C in a Remora concealment holster (reenforced top, no clip) for about a year. When I get out the holster slips into the back pocket of my jeans. The best system I have found so far.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Okiegirl, have you shot that S&W in the dark? Beautiful pistol, but I wonder what those ports would do to your vision at night if you needed to use it in self defense. Could be nothing at all, but I'm curious what you thought if you did any night shooting with it.

Top Bottom