• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I wondered how long it would be before the 1911 troll showed up in this Glock thread.

Hey.....isn't that Mr. Browning I hear, calling you back to bed?

:):
    That's not fair. That wasn't even a glock bash. I just noticed the unintended pun. It's good to know that you were thinking of me though.:yesway:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    2ADMNLOVER don't you just hate it when your parents take your toys away from you, my dad got his LTCH in the mail first and ended up with my Glock 26. Oh well, still in the family & gives me the excuse to buy another one. Love those Glocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind giving her the 21 , cause now I get my 12 G back . :rockwoot:

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    i had an extended slide release installed on my g19 it works great its smooth so it don't catch on anything

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I love my G30. Most of my friends don't like the feel, but my stubby little fingers fit perfectly.
    It's no competition gun, but I can shoot a 4" group at 15 yards with all 10 shots.
    Good enough. Also, 10+1 rounds of .45acp is a good feeling. :rockwoot:

As much as I think TopGlock.com is annoying and most of their inventory is total junk, I bought their extended slide release and slide lock.
    Easy to install yourself, works like a charm.
    I can't seem to grab the normal size slide release to save my life.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I drank the koolaid several years ago and really my only criticism about glocks are they are so simple that they are boring! Like many I enjoy looking at all the Wiz bang features on the new weapons released, removable back straps, sight rails, lasers, fancy serrations, ect ect. Then I look at my glocks; dull, black, kinda blocky definitely noting to brag about in appearance. But what really matters is I am confident that If I chamber a round and pull the trigger it will go bang. To me that is what really matters in a CCW

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Boring?

Well you know what that means!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0WQAnyAK8]YouTube - TEAM GLOCK Sevigny Abbate Rogers 2[/ame]

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I need to be educated

I bought a glock model 34 a few years back and had the 3 1/2# trigger installed. It shot OK but I felt the trigger pull was way tooooo long. I also didn't care for the lack of a safety. And before everybody starts yelling about its triple safety features, let me ask you this, if I pull the trigger will it not go boom! I just like a safety lever on my gun. I don't mind the polymer frame but they're not particularly attractive pistols. I understand all the innovations these pistols brought to the handgun scene and I really want to like them. I understand the allure of reliability but please give me more reasons to want one over my CZ75. :dunno:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I understand the allure of reliability but please give me more reasons to want one over my CZ75. :dunno:
    I understand what you are saying. I used to really like 1911's (still do). However, guns are just tools to me now. They are not to be pretty or show off. They are (in my mind) a tool with which to defend my family and myself. As such, I went in search of THE GUN that would have the least chance of letting me down when it counts. So as not to start a bashing thread I will not mention what guns failed (some miserably). In the end there were three reasons to use the Glock 17 even though 9mm was not typically my caliber of choice.

1. The police around here almost all use the Glock 17. That is too big to conceal easily so I went with the Glock 19. It can use G17 mags if I had to. In SHTF I would have a better chance of utilizing someone elses mags if it was a Glock 19. (This is also the reason I use the AR15)

2. Absolute simplicity in action. Simple to clean, service and most of all, operate under stress. My G19 has NEVER FTF'd or FTE'd. NEVER. I cannot say that about any other gun I have owned.

3. Capacity - 15 rounds with one mag

Due to the tough times I am going through (with many others I am sure) I had to downsize my collection. All that is left is a 12 Ga Mossy 500, AR15, Glock 17, Glcck 30 for those tougher to conceal times, and a kel Tec P3AT as a backup and those IMPOSSIBLE TO conceal times! I would love to still have a 1911 or even a CZ but for absolute functionality I chose a different course.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    You got rid of it!? That just might be prima facia evidence of insanity and disqualify you from further gun purchases. ;)

yup traded it for my Springfield 1911a1, loaded, SS, V12 ported. I had the G30 for 6 years at that point. It had some light rust on the side of the slide from sweat. I think I came out ahead ;) I've thought about getting another, but we'll see.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Well i think i just drank the koolaid and i hope it doesnt catch on. Got a Glock 26 from redneckmedic. Has night sights which are pretty cool and with my hands the grip extension works just fine. Just like the 1911 bug i have, i may end up with two bugs at the same time.

Top Bottom