• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Nice. Will this be your EDC? My wife is looking at some full size CZ's as her home defense gun. She has a CZ83 so is already familiar with the platform, but would like something a little bigger for the rail, and since concealment is not an issue. IIRC she was looking at the CZ 75 SP--01.

Let us know how you like it. I am always interested in hearing about quality guns even if I am already set on ehat I carry.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Congrats! I love my P-01 and hope the PCR is everything you want.

Curious why you chose the PCR over the P-01? Honestly, I've not handled one before so not overly familiar with the differences besides what appears to be minor from the site. No rail on the PCR a plus or minus? Easier to carry as such? Weight difference is only 1.6oz.

Enjoy!

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Congrats.

The PCR is one of the few CZ's I haven't collected yet. I love the feel of a metal framed pistol. You can get some really nice grips from Hakan. I have a set on my Rami that are really nice.

The trouble with CZ's is that there are always more of them to collect.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Nice. Will this be your EDC? My wife is looking at some full size CZ's as her home defense gun. She has a CZ83 so is already familiar with the platform, but would like something a little bigger for the rail, and since concealment is not an issue. IIRC she was looking at the CZ 75 SP--01.

Let us know how you like it. I am always interested in hearing about quality guns even if I am already set on ehat I carry.

Currently I carry a FNP9 OWB. I wanting something smaller that I can carry IWB when the situation calls for it. I will get a holster for OWB carry also. All my pistols are hammer fired DA/SA with decocker, so that is the platform I want to stick with. I owned a 75B .40 at one time, and it was a great pistol. Downside was it was manul safety only, which I do not prefer on a carry gun.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Congrats! I love my P-01 and hope the PCR is everything you want.

Curious why you chose the PCR over the P-01? Honestly, I've not handled one before so not overly familiar with the differences besides what appears to be minor from the site. No rail on the PCR a plus or minus? Easier to carry as such? Weight difference is only 1.6oz.

Enjoy!

I'm choosing the 75 because it is a tad smaller then the P01. I do not use a weapon mounted light, I prefer to use a handheld light. Also if I carry it IWB, a light is going to add to much bulk. So, I can do without the rail.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Congrats.

The PCR is one of the few CZ's I haven't collected yet. I love the feel of a metal framed pistol. You can get some really nice grips from Hakan. I have a set on my Rami that are really nice.

The trouble with CZ's is that there are always more of them to collect.

I owned two at one time. A 75B .40 and a 97B .45. Dad bought them for me when I was in the service. Both of them where excellent guns. Problem for me at least, was they where manual safety only. I prefer a decocker, so I can carry with the hammer down. That's the way I carried in the service (92FS). I own a 92FS and two FNP's. A 9mm and a .40. Which are equipped with a decocker. Currently the FNP9 is my EDC. I want something though, that if I wish, I can carry IWB. Or, on days I do not want to carry a full size pistol. It may replace the FNP as my EDC, depending on how well I take to it, and I have a chance to carry it for a while. If it treats me as well as the other CZ's did. I'm sure I'll be very happy.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've been using a CZ 75 for self-defense over 15 years, Like the way it fits my hand, very accurate, & You can carry it COCKED-N-LOCKED with it's frame mounted safety

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Congratulations

You're gonna love it.

Here's my CZ 75B Compact

CZ75Compact2.jpg

It's a fantastic gun.

:cool: