Finally broke down and bought an AR15 in 5.56.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    After a lot of research and looking around I finally settled on a CORE Systems AR. The model I purchased was the CORE 15 keymod scout. And its fit and finish are awesome, won't make it out to the range till Monday, but am chomping at the bit to see what it can do with all the reviews I have read. Already bought 4 pmags and enough ammo to fill them. Bipod and scope to use temporarily. Any suggestion?

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    CORE15-11881_KEYMOD-SCOUT-1.jpg

PART NUMBER 11881

WEIGHT 6 lbs. 5 oz. (unloaded)

CALIBER Chambered in .223/5.56 x 45 mm NATO

UPPER RECEIVER CORE15® Mil-Spec Forged 7075-T6 M-4 Upper Receiver, Type III Class II Hardcoat anodized finish, M4 Feed Ramps, (1913 Picatinny rail flat top) with dry lube internal finish and laser engraved T-markings

LOWER RECEIVER CORE15® Mil-Spec Forged 7075- T6 Lower Receiver, Type III Class II Hard-coat anodized finish, beveled Magwell for improved reloading speed, machined chevrons in front of magazine well, bullet pictogram safety markings

BOLT CARRIER CORE15® Mil-Spec Carpenter 158 Steel Bolt, M16 Chrome Lined 8620 Steel Carrier, Mil-Spec Staked Gas Key, Tool Steel Extractor, Shot Peened

CHARGING HANDLE CORE15® Hardcore Billet Charging Handle V.1

BUFFER TUBE CORE15® Standard Mil-Spec
    GAS TUBE Gas Tube made of 304 grade Stainless Steel

GAS BLOCK CORE15® Low Profile Gas Block

RAIL SYSTEM CORE15® Keymod 12.5” Rail

BARREL CORE15® 16” Mid-length Profile 1:7 Twist, 4150 Black Nitride Finish

FLASH HIDER A-2 Flash Hider

GRIP A-2 Pistol Grip

STOCK CORE15® Six Position Retractable Stock (Mil-Spec)

TRIGGER GUARD CORE15® Oversized Trigger Guard

MAGAZINE Magpul M4 pmag 30 rd. Magazine

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    me and a buddy bought the same guns last summer at rural king when theyb were on sale. great gun so far except for the gas block coming loose while we were sighting them in. luckily we were shooting at my home range and all we needed was a set of allen wrenches and thread locker to fix them. so you might check them before you go or take tools with you.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I purchased a couple of Core rifles 2 Christmas's ago as gifts for my sons and they love it. I had a chance to shoot it with them and they functioned great, excellent accuracy. My one son has over 2K of rounds through his and he puts what ever he can get his hands on through it. Says it hasn't hiccuped for him.
    I would get a good set of back up sights and shoot it awhile like that before putting an optic on it. Optics do fail and it's good to get the basics down.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Aimpoint PRO is a great red dot for the money. I can afford more expensive optics but I can't find a compelling reason and don't want to cheap out. Took it through Rifleman I at Valor Ridge and it worked great.

The PRO and a good sling are the only rifle related gear that I would recommend before getting some real training.

NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    My son and I both have the CORE 15 and have been surprisingly please. Picked up the 2 when Rural King @ Shelbyville had on sale for $499/ea +tax. I did have to use their "No questions asked warranty" on a BCG-fail to eject issue. Couldn't ask for a better CS dept. (No, I'm not a paid spokesman).

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Can never go wrong with getting more mags and ammo. Also check out a local Carbine class, great way to learn a few things and talk with others that are into guns. Congrats on the purchase!

Top Bottom